Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indigo Credit Card - Fraudulent Charges Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indigo Credit Card - Fraudulent Charges Help

So these are transactions on my indigo card.

1/24/2019 1/25/2019 $35.00 SQ *SQ *ME ALL ME
1/24/2019 1/25/2019 $35.00 VN NAILS
1/24/2019 1/25/2019 $96.60 SQ *SQ *ME ALL ME

I didn't make the purchase for the sq * sq * me all me transactions.

Looking at the time frame that these were made I believe it's safe to say my card got hacked. Probably from the nail salon. It's funny that second transaction was the same as my nails cost.

Anyways.... I looked at the Indigo card website and it looks like the way to dispute is by writing a letter. You can't dispute online.

Anyone know if there is another faster way? I want to change card numbers because of it but I don't want to pay for a charge I didn't make. Any help would be great. I don't expect much because it's Indigo but maybe someone here has had a good experience with Indigo giving your money back. *Crosses Fingers*

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Indigo Credit Card - Fraudulent Charges Help

Some issuers require disputes in writing....but I would also DEFINITELY call them to alert them to the charges and request a new card (to stop any future charges). I would then dispute per their policy. 

Good luck op! 

Message 2 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Yeh, call them, but can you feeeze the card or report the card lost or stolen online? Those 2 charges were likely tests to see if they can get charges approved and a bunch more likely to start coming through.

Message 3 of 4
SBR249
Established Contributor

SQ is usually Square, which is the payment processor that many small businesses use. Often times, it's something like a dongle CC reader connected to an iPad or something like that. 

Are these transactions all posted or just pending? It could be that some of them will not post and might be just a quirk of square's backend processing. 

Might be worth it to call indigo and ask which merchant actually ran the transactions. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.