Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infuriated with RBFCU!!!!

tag
YellowBanana
New Contributor

Infuriated with RBFCU!!!!

I applied for a checking and savings account online with RBFCU. Then I applied for a credit card.

They have pulled my credit 3 times!!!!!!!! 

Can someone please tell me how to dispute the inquries with TRANSUNION??? My understanding was 1 PULL!!! 

I am so upset I can't even think straight. 

I don't even want the account with them now. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Infuriated with RBFCU!!!!

When you initiate a request for either credit or a bsiness transaction that has a legitimate business purpose, the creditor has permissilbe purpose regardless of any authorization by the consumer.

There is no limit of one inquiry for a given permissible purpose.

It is common for multiple inquiries to be made regarding a request for new credit.  There is no basis for dispute.

Message 2 of 8
YellowBanana
New Contributor

Thanks for responding. 

Although, I am still upset, thank you for explaining and this is a very GOOD lesson learned. I will not ever in my life deal with them again. 

Before applying I read alot of reviews on here and I saw that everyone was saying that they used the same hardpull for 45 days....I also ASKED the bank manager face to face and she told me the exact same thing, that it would only be one hardpull. 

I will only deal with Navy federal from now on. Dorn good lesson learned. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal also requires an inquiry for just about anything.

Message 4 of 8
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Have you called them and asked them why they pulled your report three times? I joined RBFCU a couple years ago to refinance my car, and it was a single hard pull for membership, the car loan, and a credit card offer I turned down.

It may have been a mistake, or overzealous automated systems, and they may be willing to remove the other two inquiries if you politely and calmly explain the situation to them. While I found their procedures a little quirky, and their online systems kind of outdated, I don't think I ever had a bad experience when talking to a person there.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 5 of 8
YellowBanana
New Contributor

Yeah, one thing about Navy Federal is that they are upfront and let you know that it will be a hard pull. Want a car loan, hard pull, want a credit card, another hard pull, want a Loc, yep another hardpull. I know where I stand with Navy Federal. 

Now when I look right INTO SOMEONES face and they tell me that my credit will not be pulled and then tell me if I apply for a credit card it will be pulled and that score will be used 45 days I expect for that to happen.

heyryan- I will try what you suggested. I am going to wait until I calm down. 

Message 6 of 8
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Ahh, I think I spotted the issue in your original post. You said you applied online, it sounds like for all 3 products - I've run into this before. When I got the SDFCU secured card a few years ago (which requires no credit pull), I applied online not knowing their system would do a HP. Then later I used the online system to increase my deposit/limit - and got another HP. Finally they explained that I needed to call in to avoid the HP. \

In your case, the branch manager should've been clearer, but in order to avoid the second HP, I think you would have needed to call in or visit the branch for the card.

Online systems generally don't have the logic to tie all the pulls together. I actually got this warning from another credit union:

"We do conduct a hard credit pull through Transunion when processing the Membership application. We are able to use the credit report for 60 days before a new hard pull would be required. If you will be applying for a credit card after the account has been opened, we highly recommend contacting us at 877-xxx-xxxx since our online application option will automatically conduct a hard credit pull."

I'd be willing to bet if you explain that you talked to the manager, and she didn't warn you to not apply online to avoid the extra pull(s), they'll remove them.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

...or at least request that the extra inquires be updated to coding as soft, which will accomplish your goal without actual deletion of the inquiry.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.