Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Innovis Credit Report!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Innovis Credit Report!!

After CHASE sent me a letter removing 5 HP (not mine) they advised me to check my INNOVIS credit report! Who are these people and why have I never heard of them!! Long story short, I called # provided and they sent me a copy of my report and received today. Not only it is a complete file, they had two (yep TWO) of my open accounts as "charge offs" . I immediately went online and disputed, also called creditor and asked why and they informed they had no idea but would correct. This is totally scary. I have over 20 years credit and I have never heard of them. The only thing I could tell for sure was they do not provide a score. Phone # is 1-800-540-2505 (m-f 8am-8pm)

UPDATE 5/12/2017..I called creditor and they received my FAX (5/8) requesting they fix and they completed it today!! They also not only apologized but they are sending me a $20.00 gift card for each account along with a letter for my files in case of future issues

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Innovis Credit Report!!

@Anonymous wrote:

After CHASE sent me a letter removing 5 HP (not mine) they advised me to check my INNOVIS credit report! Who are these people and why have I never heard of them!! Long story short, I called # provided and they sent me a copy of my report and received today. Not only it is a complete file, they had two (yep TWO) of my open accounts as "charge offs" . I immediately went online and disputed, also called creditor and asked why and they informed they had no idea but would correct. This is totally scary. I have over 20 years credit and I have never heard of them. The only thing I could tell for sure was they do not provide a score. Phone # is 1-800-540-2505 (m-f 8am-8pm)

Hi nevertooldtolearn,

You are right that a lot of folks have never heard of Innovis before.  I only learned about them a couple of years ago from this website.  This is one of the reasons why I have adopted the atitutude of trying to learn all I can about credit, as well as credit reporting.

Most times we hear of theBbig 3, but as you have found out there is a 4th, so we will call them the Big 4.  Innovis ,unlike the more widely known Big 3, does not have FICO scores.  They only have credit reports.  So this is how they differ.  A lot of creditors want either a credit report and/or a credit score, so this may be the reason a lot of people do not know about Innovis.

A quick google search provided me with the following history of Innovis:

==

Besides the three national credit reporting agencies, Equifax, Experian and Trans Union, there is also another important credit agency in the US that maintains a significant database of consumer credit information called Innovis, which is a subsidiary of CBC Companies, aka CBCInnovis.

Founded in 1970 by the Associate Credit Bureaus (ACB), Innovis was originally called ACB Services.  Nineteen years later, Consumers Credit Associates (CCA) acquired ACB Services, and then in 1997, First Data Corporation purchased the company and gave it its current name.  Finally, in 1999, the Credit Bureau of Columbus (CBC) purchased Innovis, Inc.

==

So Credit Bureau of Columbus has been in possession of Innovis since 1999.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a lot more than 4 credit reporting agencies that have been listed.  You'll see in the attached link that there are a wide variety and number of them.  In the 'normal' personal credit world, you need to be aware of Experian, TransUnion, Equifax, Innovis, Sagestream and Chexsystems and even LexisNexis.  Creditors that you have may have pulled some of these supplemental reports without you even knowing.

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201604_cfpb_list-of-consumer-reporting-companies.pdf

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two very helpful replies.  Along with the suggestions made by Irish, I would add:

ARS (Advanced Resoultion Services)

EWS (Early Warning Services)

NCTUE (National Consumer Telecom & Utilities Exchange)

Another forum contributor has observed that some big CC issuers have been pulling his employment history via The Work Number (aka TALX).

ARS is not listed in the PDF Irish gave but it appears to be pulled by the same people who pull Sagestream.  If you were to google Doctor of Credit Sagestream ARS you can find out more information.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very informative!!! Downloaded the info and sure do appreciate it. Way to me collectors and truth ... how accurate are they?
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW, thank you all so very much. I thought my journey on learning about credit (and reporting) was going to be relatively simple, I am so wrong about that..lol. It seems a little daunting but as advised I will tackle one agency at a time. The most worrisome thing was I have never had any debt "charged off" or go into default and this company (innovis) was reporting 2 CCs as such. The other troubling aspect is that when I contacted the creditor, the initial agent had no idea who they were and had to move me up "the food chain" to find out how to fix this and all the while assuring me that my accounts has/is in excellent standing (both were with the same company).

As my byline is I truly feel we are never to old to learn. Again THANK YOU all for providing this valuable information.

Message 6 of 22
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Innovis is also one of the four CRAs that forms the Metro 2 Task Force, which produces the uniform credit reporting manual used by those CRAs.

However, when the free annual credit report requirement was added to the FCRA, Innovis did not join the Big-3 in negotiating compliance with filling requests for free reports on-line.

Thus, they are not part of the annualcreditreport.com sanctioned web site, and annual credit reports must by requested in writing directly with Innovis.

They also did not join with the big-3 in the project that created uniform Vantage scoring models, and do not have a licensing agreement with Fair Isaac for providing FICO scores based on their database.

Message 7 of 22
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

The first time I knew anything about Innovis creating credit reports was when CAPTOOL mentioned it several years ago as a Lexis/Nexus credit report.  He sent me the address to request a credit report, but I had a computer encryption virus and lost all of the info.  All of my experience in the past with Lexus/Nexus was looking up and reviewing legal cases.  However, if I am wrong about Innovis being a Lexis/Nexus report, will someone please send the address to request the Innovis report, please.

Edited because realized it was CAPTOOL not Pizza who had sent info to me and it was about Lexis/Nexus, not Innovis.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 8 of 22
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

From the Innovis web page:

Credit Report

Innovis Credit Report

Your Innovis Credit Report contains personal information such as your name, address, Social Security Number, date of birth, and telephone number. It also includes account history information and a list of companies that have reviewed your Innovis Credit Report.

Order your Innovis Credit Report

Innovis offers one free copy of your Innovis Credit Report every 12 months. In certain circumstances, you may request additional free reports. The fees for additional reports vary by state. Before placing your order, please review the Credit Report Fees for more information.

You can order a copy of your Innovis Credit Report online, by mail, by phone, or in person. You will need to provide all required personal information to verify your identity.

Online: Submit the Credit Report Request Online form.

Phone:

1-800-540-2505

Mail: Complete the Credit Report Request by Mail form.

Walk in: 875 Greentree Road, 8 Parkway Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15220

Message 9 of 22
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for the Innovis info, Robert.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.