cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries coming off before the 2 years?

tag
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

Inquiries coming off before the 2 years?

Hi Everyone, 

Check my most recent credit report and noticed the pulls from my car purchase in July 2018 are gone. They were the dealership and chase auto. Will the bureau's remove them before the 2 year anniversary? 

Did a huge rebuild and now have great scores but still not versed in some credit area . 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Inquiries coming off before the 2 years?

Which credit report shows them as removed?

Message 2 of 9
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

Transunion. That's which one was pulled when I bought the carr. My FICO alerted me to a score increase which is why I went lookin . 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never heard of it happening. Great luck for you!

Message 4 of 9
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

@belle6m2k wrote:

Transunion. That's which one was pulled when I bought the carr. My FICO alerted me to a score increase which is why I went lookin . 

Inquiries are not calculated in your score after a year, but they will remain on your report for 2 years.

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 5 of 9
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@belle6m2k wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

Check my most recent credit report and noticed the pulls from my car purchase in July 2018 are gone. They were the dealership and chase auto. Will the bureau's remove them before the 2 year anniversary? 

Did a huge rebuild and now have great scores but still not versed in some credit area . 

Thanks!

I've not seen INQ's removed early but I'm sure it could happen.  However, the increase is not related to this as MrCreditInternational states, it only impacts your score for 1 year although it stays on your report for 2.  You would've gotten those points back (if lost when hit) when the inquiry hit 1 year. 

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 6 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@belle6m2k wrote:

A lot of places only show inquiries for a year, MyFico monitoring being one of them, but they are still present on your CR.

If yours truly got removed early, this is the first instance I've heard of CRA removing inq early without a reason. 

Message 7 of 9
donotpassgo
Valued Member

Dug my way back to this thread, after checking and confirming two early inquiry removals - both dropped from Transunion.

First dropped off around February, I thought the alert was a fluke or even a veiled type of marketing.

Second occurred last month; both confirmed removed when looking at actual report.

Strange - but I'll take it!

Message 8 of 9
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

Yes it was TransUnion. It was not scheduled to come off until July. It was removed in April so about 90 days early. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.