Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries falling off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries falling off

I have 16 inqs falling off through the month of July. All auto, all because last year, my truck died and I work to far to walk to work. And since I had yucky credit, I had to look and look to find someone who would take a chance.

Any hope I may see a signifigant jump when these age off?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Inquiries falling off

We live in hope, and die in despair  Smiley Sad

But actually, you might well get a jump.  On September 13th my Cingular inq drops off Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 8
sl
Established Contributor

I had two inquiries fall off in a month and mine jumped 6 points.
Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Assuming these Inqs are aging off, meaning they are 24+ months old, your score should not change because only Inqs <12 months are counted in your score.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they are all auto inquiries, and within a de-duplication window, they are supposed to count as just one inquiry.
Message 5 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If they are all auto inquiries, and within a de-duplication window, they are supposed to count as just one inquiry.

Who really knows?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

all scores were auto inq, all scores will be aging to 12 months. Guess I will just hide and watch.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Who really knows?

Unfortunately, I suspect today the only way to find out is to call MyFico Customer Service and inquire about one's inquiries.

I requested a change to MyFico reports to show this.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.