Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries falling this month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries falling this month

I have about 10 inqs falling off this August from 2 years from car shopping. Question is do they fall off the first day of August or the auctual date(28th) of the month I did the shopping.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Inquiries falling this month

There is no precise date for deletion of inquiries.

Exclusion/deletion is not controlled under the FCRA, and is purely an administrative decision on the part of the CRA.

Thus, the precise date is uncertain.

Additionally, the inquiries ceased to affect your scoring after one year, so their deletion from your credit report only affects creditor perception upon a manual review.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thank you for the info.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure they would only affect a decision from a manual review? I have been insta-denied before and the denial letter I received said it was because of too many inquiries even though they were over one year old, but less than two.
Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They made that determination based on a manual review of your credit report, which continued to show the inquiries even though they were no longer being included in your FICO scoring.

That is an example of what was meant by the possible effect of a manual review as opposed to effect on your score.

Message 5 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Are you sure they would only affect a decision from a manual review? I have been insta-denied before and the denial letter I received said it was because of too many inquiries even though they were over one year old, but less than two.

"Too many inquiries" is generally more a symptom versus a cause.  Your credit profile will determine what is too many for a given creditor/product.  A person with a thicker/stronger profile may not see inquiries cited with the same number of inquiries.  A person with a thinner profile and/or more issues could see inquiries cited for a lesser number.

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't necessarily have to be a manual review.  It's FICO scoring that only considers inquiries that are 1 year or less.  However, FICO scoring is just one consideration for a creditor that uses a FICO score.  A creditor can certainly consider anything on the report.

http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/New-Credit.aspx

Inquiries remain on your credit report for two years, although FICO® Scores only consider inquiries from the last 12 months.
Message 6 of 7
Marcos8
Established Contributor

From personal experience just regarding the inquiries falling off...I have found that TU has removed them on/ about the exact 2 year date. I have had Inq's on EX that didn't fall off until almost a month later at the 2 year +1 month mark. Not sure how EQ handles things. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.