Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries for auto loans

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Inquiries for auto loans

@wHiTeSoL wrote:
I'm pretty sure each and every inquiry is its own separate one. It is only counted as one in terms of Fico scoring if it is within 14 days. You may still get "too many inquiry" rejections but its easy enough to explain in a manual review.

Actually, it depends on the FICO version that is used.  The older ones it is any inquiry within a 14 day period, the newer ones are 30 - 45 day periods.

Message 11 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Inquiries for auto loans

@kathol39 wrote:

I check my credit score thru credit karma (not sure if they are legit or not.) I have 15 inquirys showing in which 13 are within 5 days for auto financing. Are these supposed to count as one? Thanks for any helpful input.  kathol39Smiley Sad

...and to add to the prev. couple of comments, the scores via CreditKarma aren't related in any way to FICO scores and those FAKOs score each inquiry on their own. Your TU FICO would show all inquiries like CreditKarma, but only score 3 of them (1 for the 13 car inquiries and 2 for the other unnamed two), assuming all were inside 1 year.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.