Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry Question

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Inquiry Question

I was wondering if there is anything i can do, So i went into a bank to open up an account, but before doing so i asked two different people if it was a hard or soft inquiry. They both had told me it was going to be soft. Sure enough when i checked my report it was a hard pull, i asked them if they could try and get the hard pull removed and they said they couldn't. So is there anything i can do? Yes i do understand that it will fall off after 2 years, but the problem of that is i was planning on buying a car before that 2 year period.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Inquiry Question

@Skye12329 wrote:

I was wondering if there is anything i can do, So i went into a bank to open up an account, but before doing so i asked two different people if it was a hard or soft inquiry. They both had told me it was going to be soft. Sure enough when i checked my report it was a hard pull, i asked them if they could try and get the hard pull removed and they said they couldn't. So is there anything i can do? Yes i do understand that it will fall off after 2 years, but the problem of that is i was planning on buying a car before that 2 year period.

The inquiry will only affect your FICO score for one year, and the impact is usually minimal.    They had permissable purpose to pull your credit, so there's really no way to dispute.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

The inquiry will only affect your FICO score for one year, and the impact is usually minimal.    They had permissable purpose to pull your credit, so there's really no way to dispute.

+1

OP - it's unfortunate that they may not have been clear/aware on the end-result; however, when dealing with any type of financial transaction just assume it will be HP.

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

+1 - Always assume HP.  You can't dispute it if you authorized them to check your credit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.