Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Synchrony Experience

tag
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

Interesting Synchrony Experience

So somehow a large payment on my CareCredit didn't show up on my statement that just posted, despite my balance reflecting this payment, resulting in high util being reported to bureaus. I called and asked why that happens and requested them to force an update to the bureaus, and i almost immediately received an email from experian about a jump in points! It was a much faster/smoother experience than I expected! Is Synchrony normally this helpful?

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interesting Synchrony Experience

Ha, a more important ? is can you request an update whenever you want?  I have a lot of accounts with them, that sounds right on time!  Cool thread, +1.

Message 2 of 5
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@fire-and-ice
It seems like you could any time, as long as you find the right CSR! The original one I talked to basically told me I need to make the payment at least 3 days before the statement closes to have it apply, which didn’t make much sense, and they weren’t helpful with the update. It was the 3rd CSR I talked to that was helpful, it was a maybe 90 second call mainly on hold, but really easy. He told me it would be at least 48 hours, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I got that email from Experian as I was getting off the phone!
FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 3 of 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ha, a more important ? is can you request an update whenever you want?  I have a lot of accounts with them, that sounds right on time!  Cool thread, +1.

They can, but there really isn't any point because they'll update whenever they feel they need to. I've seen them update a report mid-cycle because a large purchase was made. I made them update mine to the correct, lower balance, because they were showing a balance that was 45 days old and I was applying for credit. 5 days later they updated my reports the day after I made a purchase.

Message 4 of 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@ibebarrett wrote:
@fire-and-ice
It seems like you could any time, as long as you find the right CSR! The original one I talked to basically told me I need to make the payment at least 3 days before the statement closes to have it apply, which didn’t make much sense, and they weren’t helpful with the update. It was the 3rd CSR I talked to that was helpful, it was a maybe 90 second call mainly on hold, but really easy. He told me it would be at least 48 hours, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I got that email from Experian as I was getting off the phone!

It depends on the card. I found I have to wait 5 days after my statement cuts to get the balance reported on my paypal. If I make a purchase in that window, the updated balance will be reported.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.