Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting find on EX PLUS scores from AMEX creditsecure

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Interesting find on EX PLUS scores from AMEX creditsecure

amexcreditsecure.PNG

What makes a PLUS score. Thought that was interesting...

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Interesting find on EX PLUS scores from AMEX creditsecure

Did they include this statement from EX?

Calculated on the PLUS Score model, your Experian Credit Score indicates your relative credit risk level for educational purposes and is not the score used by lenders.

Message 2 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Did they include this statement from EX?

Calculated on the PLUS Score model, your Experian Credit Score indicates your relative credit risk level for educational purposes and is not the score used by lenders.

Didnt see that anywhere on there...

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

It's near the bottom of the first page of the EX website.

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the disclaimer is part of the settlement with the government over advertising of "credit scores". I don't believe it means lenders can't use PLUS scores. In fact, I bet EX would love their proprietary model to gain more traction with lenders.
Message 5 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I think the disclaimer is part of the settlement with the government over advertising of "credit scores". I don't believe it means lenders can't use PLUS scores. In fact, I bet EX would love their proprietary model to gain more traction with lenders.

I agree that it doesn't prevent lenders from using PLUS scores but it also clearly says that lenders DO NOT use the PLUS score.

Therefore the PLUS score is useless.

Message 6 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree that it doesn't prevent lenders from using PLUS scores but it also clearly says that lenders DO NOT use the PLUS score.

Therefore the PLUS score is useless.

Prosper (online loan service) uses a form of PLUS score to make loan decisions. Thats the only one I know about that uses it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Prosper uses a ScoreX Plus which is much different from PLUS. I recently applied at Prosper and decided to pull my PLUS the same day. My ScoreX Plus was 60 points higher than PLUS.

Message 8 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Prosper uses a ScoreX Plus which is much different from PLUS. I recently applied at Prosper and decided to pull my PLUS the same day. My ScoreX Plus was 60 points higher than PLUS.

That is true, its a version of EX PLUS.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

That is true, its a version of EX PLUS.

Interesting; I know Prosper has been on-again / off-again from a credit reporting perspective, but if they're using the scores does this mean they're now back to reporting to at least EX?

        
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.