Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Investigation outcome: deleted!

tag
yoreljm
New Contributor

Investigation outcome: deleted!

My charge off was deleted. This is what I did:

1: I settled the account for less than the full amount.
2: I disputed the accout on my credit saying it was incorrect.
3: I wrote this letter to the bill collector (and attached the supporting documents):

Re: Account number: XXXXXXX

Dear X;

Even though I did not cause the charge-off on my Wachovia checking account, I could not prove it, and was therefore stuck with the charge off on my credit history for 4 years. I decided to settle the account as soon as I could because it was ruining my life. However, I have recently come across some evidence that could prove that I was not responsible for the debt. I’m NOT trying to get the settlement money back; I would just like the negative mark removed from my credit history.

Here is a copy of the ChexSystems report I received when I applied for a checking account with my credit union and was denied. It shows signs of fraudulent activities using my information around the time my Wachovia bank account went into the negatives. The information listed is mine (the SS# and Drivers license, etc), which means that the bank could have not claimed false information was used unless someone else did it. Obviously, if I opened the account, the information would not be classified as “false”, because it would have belonged to me.

I know that this is not irrefutable, incontrovertible, undeniable evidence, but I think my willingness to work with your company and to settle the debt should add to my credibility.

My credit report is supposed to be a reflection of how I handle credit, but with this charge off that I did not cause, I’m being punished for someone else’s actions. I know the rule is that this negative mark could stay on my credit for up to 7 years, but I believe 4 years is a long enough time to suffer for something I did not do.

Please let me know your decision. Thank you

Sincerely,

_______________________ (XXX-XX-XXXX)

I just got an email from Experian saying they deleted it! I'm waiting to see what the other two will do!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Investigation outcome: deleted!

Nice! I'm waithing on the results for four disputes just crossing my fingers and hoping cause they are killing me score wise.
Message 2 of 10
yoreljm
New Contributor

Good luck with that! on what grounds are you disputing?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

duplicate reporting and past sol, another is not even mine its from a CA for at&t from last year I never had anything from AT&T. I've read on other boards where people have had the same thing reported on their CR's. So not sure what's going on with that one.
Message 4 of 10
yoreljm
New Contributor

My mom has two collections accounts for a bill from MCI. When she called MCI they had now idea what she was talking about. They said they had no record that she was ever a customer. The investigation, however, came back saying the debt was verified and the item will remain. So, now I'm helping her dispute it again.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get it in writing and send in a copy with your dispute. Document everything!!!
Message 6 of 10
yoreljm
New Contributor

Yeah. That should be an easy delete.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a phone bill removedvery-happy smiley from my TU that I did not dispute with them but I did dispute it with the other CRA (have not heard from them as of yet). But it was an international call and we were not even in town at the time and have proof of that. The phone company told me I had to dispute it with AT&T and when I called them they said they had no record of it but Frontier would not remove it so I disputed it and TU sent me a letter that stated the other CRA notified them of the dispute I filed and they did their own investigation and deleted it. I hope the other 2 do as well.sad smiley My husband has one from Embarq and One from Sprint and they have him listed In a town we have never lived in before as well as being 50yrs oldsurprised smiley and he is only 38 boy are they offvery-happy smiley 
Message 8 of 10
yoreljm
New Contributor

I guess that meant I did not have to dispute it with all three bredit bureaus.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not know that they would send that to the other bureaus as well I thought that it was up to me to send my dispute to each but it was cool that they did it and I was shocked since I was told TU is the hardest to get things removed from and they did it on their own and faster than the other 2. Still have not heard from themmad smiley
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.