cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Spectrum Mobile Phone Financing a CFA account?

tag
Jazee
Regular Contributor

Is Spectrum Mobile Phone Financing a CFA account?

Is the financing for Spectrum Mobile Phones a separate credit account that will show up on your credit report and if so will it be a Consumer Finance Account (I assume so).  Or if you already have an account with Spectrum (Internet/TV) will it not show up as a new/separate credit account?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Spectrum Mobile Phone Financing a CFA account?

@Jazee wrote:

Is the financing for Spectrum Mobile Phones a separate credit account that will show up on your credit report and if so will it be a Consumer Finance Account (I assume so).  Or if you already have an account with Spectrum (Internet/TV) will it not show up as a new/separate credit account?

typically, this type of financing isn't reported to your reports unless they're partnering with a third party lender to offer the funding, or it goes to a collection. they'll typically use a soft pull + payment history to offer the financing as opposed to reporting to credit reports

you'll have to ask them if they report to credit reports or not

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Is Spectrum Mobile Phone Financing a CFA account?

I have financed 2 phones. Samsung S21 Ultra and now S22 Ultra.  Paid off early. Nothing shows up on your reports. Unless it goes sour. Its just added to your monthly cell service fee. Order online no SP. In store SP. Two separate billing accounts. Auto pay if you have a card that gives CB for mobile service/protection. I use WF Active Cash for the $600 phone protection.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.