cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Synchrony still lowering available credit and closing accounts (lowe's)

tag
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is Synchrony still lowering available credit and closing accounts (lowe's)

@Anonymous wrote:

It will be a SP.  I say do the call rather than online.  When you do it online I believe it's automated, as in no human being involved so it will go completely off of your data an nothing more.  When you do the call and involve a human, I'd imagine they'll then submit the same request through the automated system (for you) which will likely return the same result.  The only difference however is that the human may have the ability to pull some strings (speak to a higher up, etc) if the returned result isn't quite what you want. 

For example, online you may request $30k and it counters with $18k.  You walk away with a $3k CLI period end of story.

On the phone you request $30k and the human says we can give you $18k.  You say you've got a really big purchase coming up and want to know if it's possible to get closer to that $30k line.  They either say no $18k is the best they can do, or they say let me put you on hold for a second and return with a number > $18k.  I'd take this second option if I were in your shoes, as it can't hurt and can only help.

Makes perfect sens and it is exactly what I will do today. I will let you know,. just for kicks, how it went by end of day if I can. Thanks for the tips, really. 

Message 21 of 27
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It will be a SP.  I say do the call rather than online.  When you do it online I believe it's automated, as in no human being involved so it will go completely off of your data an nothing more.  When you do the call and involve a human, I'd imagine they'll then submit the same request through the automated system (for you) which will likely return the same result.  The only difference however is that the human may have the ability to pull some strings (speak to a higher up, etc) if the returned result isn't quite what you want. 

For example, online you may request $30k and it counters with $18k.  You walk away with a $3k CLI period end of story.

On the phone you request $30k and the human says we can give you $18k.  You say you've got a really big purchase coming up and want to know if it's possible to get closer to that $30k line.  They either say no $18k is the best they can do, or they say let me put you on hold for a second and return with a number > $18k.  I'd take this second option if I were in your shoes, as it can't hurt and can only help.

@Anonymous 

Update:

I talked to the Lowe's employee that is working on a quote for me. She suggested that she can request the increase there are the store for me and I was wondering. Could this be even better? Since it comes straight from Syncrhony's client and it makes it more obvious that I am going to use the credit line? I told them I would do a little research and get back with them later today on how I will handle this. 

Sorry to bother, but what do you think about this?

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I won't answer for BBS, but I can say that I have read of people doing exactly this and having the store call in for approval, and that they were often successful. I can't say for sure but I think I remember people saying that while Synch was pulling TU for online apps, many saw an EX pull in-store...

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Superduper2014 wrote:

I talked to the Lowe's employee that is working on a quote for me. She suggested that she can request the increase there are the store for me and I was wondering. Could this be even better? Since it comes straight from Syncrhony's client and it makes it more obvious that I am going to use the credit line? I told them I would do a little research and get back with them later today on how I will handle this. 

Sorry to bother, but what do you think about this?

I think either way is fine as it involves a human.  If you're at the store and tell the employee you want X limit and a counter is made below that, the employee hopefully would do what they could in their power to push for more.  I guess it would depend on who you're dealing with.  Get a veteran that's done it 100 times and you're probably in good hands, get the 18 year old part-timer that's worked there for 3 weeks and he would probably just say "ok" to whatever he's told on the phone. 

Message 24 of 27
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous @Anonymous 

I talked to the employee who is a seasoned employee (kitchen design) and she said that she does the credit line increase in their system, not by calling. So basically not sure if whatever system they use would be better that me calling synch and asking over the phone for the pursposes of explaining my plans vs an utomated low increse or none at all. 

Today I calculated, finally how much I need to stay under at least 49% util and I need to make this call tomorrow or have the lowes' employee use their internal system or whatever they use. 

This is the decision I am facing with now. Thanks for any insight. ( I am leaning towards calling myself, but who knows, maybe the Lowe's internal sistem or the way they do it online via their computers, may be even better than calling myself). Suggestions for better odds apprciated and sorry to pester you so much! Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the Lowe's system doesn't involve the employee being able to attempt an over ride on the initial decision, my thought would be that calling is better.  I would ask whoever you talk to at Lowe's, "What if the CLI comes back as a number that doesn't suit my needs... is there a possibility of further increasing it?"

Message 26 of 27
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If the Lowe's system doesn't involve the employee being able to attempt an over ride on the initial decision, my thought would be that calling is better.  I would ask whoever you talk to at Lowe's, "What if the CLI comes back as a number that doesn't suit my needs... is there a possibility of further increasing it?"

UPDTE:

I asked this question and she stated that she can submit it and if it comes back denied or with a lower amount, it is me who has to call the credit center and talk to them. She did mention that she felt it was better odds if she processed it via her system since it would imply real attempt at buying home improvements (her theory)

So, since I have only a couple of days left in the month for my US bank cards to report, I went ahead and paid one off completely and the other I brought if under 68% ( I have a good 2 yrs zero on this card and had to pretty much max it out to make sense of what I was doing at the time so now 68% will still look better than closer to 90%) so my scores will definitely improve some in just a coule of days when US bank reports at the end of the month and then I will attempt the CLI. I hope synchrony likes the big payments I made on my other cards and the score bump. I will post updates. Also, the employees at lowe's that are helping with the purchases are off the next 2 days, so I have to wait anyways... (so fed up with lowe's.. differnt topic though)

Thanks for the suggestions and hope I am making a good move by paying these down to get what I need on the Synch side.. Opinions are welcome!!!!! Smiley Happy have a great day

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.