Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Wells Fargo Full of It?

tag
brcamacho
Regular Contributor

Just got off the phone with Wells Fargo, i was speaking to them about removing me from a credit card that i was an AU on years ago that has some lates on it.  The lady i spoke to told me that even though there are negitives, its reporting as an Au and therefore does not hurt my credit?

Is she right?

TU-688 5/14 (WM TU) | EX-692 on 2/14 (FNBO EX) | EQ-666 on 01/13

NFCU GoRewards $25k | NavChek $15k | Chase Slate 7.5k
Barclays Rewards $3.4k | FNBO MC $2.3K | Cap1 Plat $1.9k
Cap1 Quicksilver $1.7k | Wmt Discover $4.5k | Amazon Store Card $3k Care Credit $3.5k | Kohls $300 | Victoria's Secret $500
Cap1 Quicksilver $2k | Barclays Apple Visa $600

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Wells Fargo Full of It?

@brcamacho wrote:

Just got off the phone with Wells Fargo, i was speaking to them about removing me from a credit card that i was an AU on years ago that has some lates on it.  The lady i spoke to told me that even though there are negitives, its reporting as an Au and therefore does not hurt my credit?

Is she right?

No she's not. An AU gets both the good and bad from the account they are added to. You are being hurt by these lates.

Call again and ask to be removed. Or get the primary owner to remove you.

Message 2 of 5
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@brcamacho wrote:

Is she right?

Nope. An AU inherits all of the history of the account, both good and bad. My DH was an AU on one of my old, closed accounts that had some lates on it, and it shows up as a negative on his reports.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 5
brcamacho
Regular Contributor

Thanks i will call and have this done.  Im just doing some last minute credit tune ups before i app for a home.

TU-688 5/14 (WM TU) | EX-692 on 2/14 (FNBO EX) | EQ-666 on 01/13

NFCU GoRewards $25k | NavChek $15k | Chase Slate 7.5k
Barclays Rewards $3.4k | FNBO MC $2.3K | Cap1 Plat $1.9k
Cap1 Quicksilver $1.7k | Wmt Discover $4.5k | Amazon Store Card $3k Care Credit $3.5k | Kohls $300 | Victoria's Secret $500
Cap1 Quicksilver $2k | Barclays Apple Visa $600

Message 4 of 5
p-
Valued Contributor

@brcamacho wrote:

Yes... yes they are.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.