cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is everything about TRUECREDIT fake and/or wrong?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is everything about TRUECREDIT fake and/or wrong?

I tell ya, the whole TrueCredit.com experience has been a joke. From people with fake names answering phones in India to half-a$$ed incomplete reports with fake scores, from questionable billing practices to intentionally hard-to-read fine print on their website, the whole TrueCredit.com thingy has just gotten out of hand and it's time to cancel.

The ONLY thing that was attractive about TrueCredit at first was that you could update both your reports AND your scores every 24 hours, but since those scores are fake numbers based on stale and imcomplete reports, this is a waste of money.

As soon as I can reach an American-based TrueCredit associate with half a brain, I'm going to cancel my membership. Anybody else had enough of their slick, hollow marketing that never delivers?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Is everything about TRUECREDIT fake and/or wrong?

CreditHawk wrote:
I tell ya, the whole TrueCredit.com experience has been a joke. From people with fake names answering phones in India to half-a$$ed incomplete reports with fake scores, from questionable billing practices to intentionally hard-to-read fine print on their website, the whole TrueCredit.com thingy has just gotten out of hand and it's time to cancel.

The ONLY thing that was attractive about TrueCredit at first was that you could update both your reports AND your scores every 24 hours, but since those scores are fake numbers based on stale and imcomplete reports, this is a waste of money.

As soon as I can reach an American-based TrueCredit associate with half a brain, I'm going to cancel my membership. Anybody else had enough of their slick, hollow marketing that never delivers?

I cancelled because of the pointless scores.  The guy I taked to thought the Truecredit scores were the real deal, and that FICOs could go from 0 to over 900  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 14
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Forget the scores. The TL's update as fast as the CRA's themselves. You can follow inquiries and posts to your accounts. Cheap. One other thing I've forgotten at the moment.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

truecredit is my best friend...
Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditHawk wrote:

Not me. I luv TC!

If you called to dispute here, 800-493-2392, yeah you get India.

Try HQ instead. 866-212-2170. Was on hold perhaps a few minutes, but once they picked up the person I spoke with NEVER put me on hold, knew which end was up, clear coherent English. TC outsources their call center, as most do, but their HQ is in California.
What problems have you encountered with TC?

The scores are FAKOs, but anything not a FICO is a FAKO. It's a gauge, not a precise measure. But even FICOs aren't necessarily a precise measure as a lot of industries use their own scoring model.

Message 5 of 14
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yea.. TC is awesome. There are some issues with the disply format sometimes (EQ mostly). But for daily pulls you couldn't ask for much more.. Just ignore the "advice" and scores.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Buying TC for the scores is like taking a commercial flight for the meal.
Message 7 of 14
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Buying TC for the scores is like taking a commercial flight for the meal.

You haven't eaten my ex' cooking.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:

You haven't eaten my ex' cooking.

True, but I've eaten Official Boy Scout pancakes--black and crispy on the outside to seal in that yummy, gooey, liquid center.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 06-22-2007 11:05 PM
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Um TC is awesome! I used TC for daily pulls to B* my TU to 0 Inquiries. Their monitoring sucks, FAKOs are worthless, but the daily pulls and B* are completely worth it.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.