Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it time to stop ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it time to stop ??

Like my updated Hooters post, I called today and was told I am appproved. Today I received a Merrick Bank pre-approved offer. I just got a Imagine card -( YUCK) and was denied by AMEX and WAMU. Counting the Hooters card, I'll have 4 cards in my name only, I'm an AU on DH's AMEX, WAMU, Home Depot, and a joint holder on a mortgage. Have I done enough? Don't know if I should respond to the Merrick offer....
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it time to stop ??

If I were you I would just chill.   You have four cards plus a mortgage, that is plenty to establish postive credit reporting.   Just sit back and use your cards wisely and let them work for you.     Once you have started seeing a more positive increase in your scores then I would see if you can get some prime cards and close out some of the sub prime ones, especially if they are costing you money in fee's.   But you have done enough, your job is done, now it's time to get the cards working for you.  
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat--I just got a few cards and now it's time to use them responsibly I wouldn't close any cards though--if you can--try to convert them to better cards--just ask someone over the phone--I did this with both CITI and AMEX--you can get a better card with no annual fee and some rewards. They won't pull your credit either.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.