Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my AU card worth it anymore?

tag
Hste1211
New Visitor

Is my AU card worth it anymore?

Hello! I have been debating back and fourth for a few months about removing myself as an Authorized User from my fathers Chase card (7 years old, 76% utilization, never late). I have three revolving accounts in good standing and I don't carry a balance on any of them. On my own my oldest account is 3 years, 9 months and my average account age is 1 year. I also have two (30+) late payments and one (60+) late payment that occurred 1 year and 6 months ago. I know payment history is more important than credit utilization, but it really sucks paying off all of my debt and still having to see $6,000 of debt that isn't mine messing up my utilization. I'm rebuilding my score and I'm currently at 660 FICO across the bureaus. I'm assuming the AU card is helping more than it's hurting, but I would really appreciate some input from people more knowledgeable than I! Thank you so much in advance, and I apologize if something isn't correct. It's my first time posting!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Is my AU card worth it anymore?

Welcome @Hste1211 

Get off that card. You have three cards and thats what FICO like. Have 1 report a balance <6%. Then pay it off once the statement cuts. "I have three revolving accounts in good standing" Once you have lates. Good standing doesnt apply. They'll be in good standing after the lates age off. You didnt mention who the lenders are. You could try GW letters. But thats a long shot. Main thing is AU isnt what it used to be.

Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Is my AU card worth it anymore?

@Hste1211 wrote:

Hello! I have been debating back and fourth for a few months about removing myself as an Authorized User from my fathers Chase card (7 years old, 76% utilization, never late). I have three revolving accounts in good standing and I don't carry a balance on any of them. On my own my oldest account is 3 years, 9 months and my average account age is 1 year. I also have two (30+) late payments and one (60+) late payment that occurred 1 year and 6 months ago. I know payment history is more important than credit utilization, but it really sucks paying off all of my debt and still having to see $6,000 of debt that isn't mine messing up my utilization. I'm rebuilding my score and I'm currently at 660 FICO across the bureaus. I'm assuming the AU card is helping more than it's hurting, but I would really appreciate some input from people more knowledgeable than I! Thank you so much in advance, and I apologize if something isn't correct. It's my first time posting!

It's hurting, not helping. Get yourself off of it asap.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.