Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the notation "Closed by Credit Grantor" a negative

tag
Dgimple
New Contributor

Is the notation "Closed by Credit Grantor" a negative

Don't have any baddies on my credit reports other than a 30 day late from Best Buy in February (online statements, forgot about a $30 balance, don't get me started) but also have a few of these (Closed by Credit Grantor) from years ago where I paid off cards and companies closed them. 

Current scores are EQ 701, EX 696, TU 694

Getting ready to apply for mortgage, with these have an effect?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is the notation "Closed by Credit Grantor" a negative

closed by credit grantor, and closed at debtors request (or whatever) doesnt negatively impact you.  A 30 day late within 2 years will affect you with a mortgage. Lenders like to see nothing negative in 2 years.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a negative because obviously the grantor decided that there was something that happened that made it so they had to take away the card.  Alot of times this remark is accompanied with a R9 rating which shows as a charge off. 
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh, I dont know why, but my brain isnt working well today..
Message 4 of 8
Dgimple
New Contributor

Well, I don't have any charge offs, just a couple accounts showing that notation.
Message 5 of 8
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a couple of "Closed by Grantor" and I have never been asked about them in a MR. I do not think this is a negative. Companies are fully aware of reasons they close accounts and it's mainly because of inactivity or the company switching banks, which is not a negative.

On the other hand if the account was closed and have a lot of lates, then it is possible that a creditor will look at that as a negative.

Overall, i say no. You only have 1 late they will not pay attention to the closed by grantor at all, they will look at your overall picture.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never seen anyone pay attention to the notation. The fact that your account shows never late with activity is what counts. It could spring a question one day if a lender wants to ask why they closed it. But most lenders don't look at the details just the summery, number of accounts, any lates, ect... It could be possible that the notation could effect a score however no one has ever seen it have any impact negative or not. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.