cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a free credit monitoring service that posts AAoA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a free credit monitoring service that posts AAoA?

So most credit monitoring services like CreditKarma, CreditSesame, etc provide you an AAoOA (average age of open accounts) instead. Are there any free credit monitoring services that give you a regular AAoA?

I know it's not difficult to calculate, but I like how complete CK is and was wondering if there was a similar service. I'm asking because I'm most likely going to close out my first credit card as detailed here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Should-I-close-my-Cap-One-card/m-p/5210027#M1535534

Also as a side note: Are there any free monitoring services that track EX yet? Most seem to use TU or EQ. Thanks in advanced!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Is there a free credit monitoring service that posts AAoA?

You can get a free Experian complete credit report through Experian every month - you have to pay extra for a FICO score, but the detailed report is free.

https://www.experian.com  Look near the bottom of that page and you'll see the option:ExperianPage.JPG

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Don't close the QS and do what I did, PC to Savor and use it for 3% dinning/fast food, this will give you a better shot at future CLIs. You can still close it later if it's still stuck at 1k after 6 months, nothing would have changed.

2. creditscore.com gives you free EX score and report that updates every 30 days, I believe it provides FICO AAoA.

3. It is in fact fairly simple to calculate your true AAoA using data from CK, if you need help with it, list your CK AAoA and number of open account, along with closed accounts and their individual age in month.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid ones don’t even calculate AAoA correctly lol.

MyFICO and CCT don’t agree on my AAoA.
Message 4 of 7
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Paid ones don’t even calculate AAoA correctly lol.

MyFICO and CCT don’t agree on my AAoA.

Even worse... Experian.com (the free monthly report+score plan) doesn't agree with ITSELF!

For the same report, from the Overview page:

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 7.35.25 PM.png

...and from the Credit Report Summary page:

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 7.35.45 PM.png

Same report, same CRA, same monitoring service, different page, different AAoA!

(The Overview page display of 8y2m matches a hand-calculated AAoA excluding AU accounts, while the Credit Report Summary display of 8y11m matches a hand-calculated AAoA including AU accounts.)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

So most credit monitoring services like CreditKarma, CreditSesame, etc provide you an AAoOA (average age of open accounts) instead. Are there any free credit monitoring services that give you a regular AAoA?

Not free, but a CCT $1 trial will provide you with your AAoA.  If found it to be within +/- 1 month of what my hand calculations say.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit.com does give you an accurate AAoA based on Experian data.  It's free.

It's fair to describe Karma's AAoA as inaccurate, since it ignores closed accounts and both FICO and Vantage include them, but there's no right answer to whether a credit monitoring system (CMS) should include AU's or not.  Sometimes the backend FICO algorithm includes them and sometimes it doesn't.  So if a person's AAoA (or Age of Oldest) would be substantially different due to the AU's on his report, it's best for such a person:

(a)  to use a speadsheet to calculate his AAoA both ways (don't rely on a CMS)

(b) to not assume that the front end summary page of the CMS is an accurate rendering of what the backend algorithm is doing -- even if the CMS is myFICO

Many thanks to contributor iv for drawing our attention to this.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.