cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an AA for credit? Help me GARDEN!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there an AA for credit? Help me GARDEN!!!

Ever since my BK7, I've been obsessed with all things credit and improving my profile, fighting the maxim that it's a long time and just be patient. 

so I go on these sprees to increase my credit lines and lower utilization.  And then get the inquiries :-( . So I MUST GARDEN until 2021 at least, March/April when most of the inquiries will be 12 months old. 

i don't understand how the gardening people work. I want to join but I don't know how. Help! :-) 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Is there an AA for credit? Help me GARDEN!!!

@Anonymous  If you're serious about wanting to curb your temptations, I recommend staying away from this forum for a while. I speak from experience. 

Message 2 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

Freeze your credit with Equifax, Experian and TransUnion

Credit BureauOnlineBy phoneBy mail
How to freeze your credit with EquifaxVisitEquifax Credit Freeze page1-800-685-1111 (NY residents call 1-800-349-9960)Equifax Security Freeze, P.O. Box 105788 Atlanta, GA 30348
Visit: Experian Credit Freeze page1-888-EXPERIAN (1-888-397-3742)Experian Security Freeze, P.O. Box 9554 Allen, TX 75013
How to freeze your credit with TransUnion Visit: TransUnion Credit Freeze page 1-888-909-8872TransUnion LLC, P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016

I found this on https://clark.com/credit/credit-freeze-and-thaw-guide/

Message 3 of 8
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous     That's a discipline not easily learned lol.     I do recommend locking or freezing your information though that has really helped me since I did my last 'spree' to help keep me in check and even if I thought of trying for something you have to do steps in order to so it can help you to NOT do it and give you more time to think about what you are doing lol.      I do understand the struggle though for real.....another thing you can look into is things that are Soft Pulls that you may have to see if you can still grow some things WHILE in the garden to help feed the I need to see improvement part Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Anonymous  If you're serious about wanting to curb your temptations, I recommend staying away from this forum for a while. I speak from experience. 

@lhcole77 OMG ^^ this!! I agree. I also think I need to spend less time thinking about credit etc. Just live with what I have and not worry about scores for now. I've learned great credit practices from this forum and elsewhere.  I would like to purchase property in 2021 sometime and that's my major goal. 

i think I get bored sometimes also (esp during this pandemic) and I come here looking for community. I guess I can moderate that a little. 

Message 5 of 8
sxa001
Valued Contributor

As others have said, if you legit have a problem with not being able to stop yourself from applying for new credit, freezing your reports and taking a break from this site would be a good idea.  Anything can eventually border an addiction and credit seeking is no different. 

If you don't have a serious addiction but want some place to hang out the garden club is good for that https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Garden-Club-September-2020/td-p/6122696

I too tend to be a little obsessive when I get on something so I feel you. 

Message 6 of 8
BetterMoves
Regular Contributor

Maybe take a look at copies of your old credit reports, dunning letters and BK7 paperwork every now and again...that may splash a little cold water on your credit fever!

Wells Fargo Active Cash
Discover it Chrome
Amazon Prime Store (Synchrony)
Walmart Store Card (Capital One)
Citi Costco Anywhere
American Express Blue Cash Preferred
American Express Hilton Honors Surpass
American Express Gold
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BetterMoves YESS!!!!!! This ^^^^ 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.