cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to get rid of credit inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to get rid of credit inquiries?

Last year I applied for a lot of new stupid credit.  We were looking for a new tv and thought we needed to apply for a store card for no interest.  We never ended up using the cards.  Is there anyway to get rid of the inquiries?  How long do they stay on my credit report?  How long till they stop hurting my fico score?  Please let me know.  Thanks.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
momof2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there any way to get rid of credit inquiries?

i know that inq stay on your report for 2 years, the older they get the less they hurt your score, you should try to GW the companies that pulled your CR and ask for the inq to be removed, ask pretty please with a cherry on top, type of GW, kiss their butt, thats how i got one of my gw's answered and got the result i wanted.

Edited.

Message Edited by cheddar on 04-04-2008 11:14 PM
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

jamaraz1 wrote:
Last year I applied for a lot of new stupid credit.  We were looking for a new tv and thought we needed to apply for a store card for no interest.  We never ended up using the cards.  Is there anyway to get rid of the inquiries? 

yep, wait 12 months. since you actually applied you can't legaly dispute these.

How long do they stay on my credit report? 

2 years

How long till they stop hurting my fico score? 

12 months, then the score effect is negated. no incrimental point gain, 12 months then bam points re-gained.

Please let me know.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

they stay on your CR for 2 years  BUT  they do not count after 1 year    and hurt less after 6 months.

Nope you can't get them removed legally
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

score ignores after 12 months.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent non PP letter to two companies that did hard pulls. Both came back unable to forward. So I sent this info to Experian and they deleted both inquiries.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

good going Bzzz
Message 7 of 13
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Hi. I know this thread is hold but I would like to know what does unable to forward mean? I have over 10 hard inquiries and they are killing my score. Would like to know what your letter said.

Thanks either way
***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 8 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The only way to require deletion of an inquiry is to show that they did not have permissble purpose under any provsion of FCRA 604.

Otherwise, the inquiry was legit, and can be posted in your CR for review by others.  That is what a hard inquiry is;

While one poster reported sucess in arguing with a CRA that their lack of PP letter was not responded to, I would not bank on that as standard CRA procedural basis for them to delete. 

The CRA must have received a statement of permissible purpose from the inquiree, else the CRA would not have been permitted under the FCRA to provide the requested credit report

Once having provided the report, the cat is out of the proverbial bag, as their is no way to undue the fact of having provided the report.

Thus, the CRAs traditionally rely on the self-certified statement of permissible purpose, and dont challenge its veracity  To dellete based on an assertion of lack of permissible pupose essentially holds the inquiree's statement was improper. 

Message 9 of 13
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Thing

@RobertEG wrote:

The only way to require deletion of an inquiry is to show that they did not have permissble purpose under any provsion of FCRA 604.

Otherwise, the inquiry was legit, and can be posted in your CR for review by others.  That is what a hard inquiry is;

While one poster reported sucess in arguing with a CRA that their lack of PP letter was not responded to, I would not bank on that as standard CRA procedural basis for them to delete. 

The CRA must have received a statement of permissible purpose from the inquiree, else the CRA would not have been permitted under the FCRA to provide the requested credit report

Once having provided the report, the cat is out of the proverbial bag, as their is no way to undue the fact of having provided the report.

Thus, the CRAs traditionally rely on the self-certified statement of permissible purpose, and dont challenge its veracity  To dellete based on an assertion of lack of permissible pupose essentially holds the inquiree's statement was improper. 

Thing is when I was applying for my auto loan Honda Finance & the dealership pulled my report like 5xs  (all hard). I took a hard hit on points. So I am wondering how to rectifiy this situati

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.