cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this legal? Bankruptcy /credit question

tag
sechrestloans

Is this legal? Bankruptcy /credit question

In Dec 2007 we filed Chapter 13 and surrendered our 2 houses. One house had 2 liens on it, and the creditor filed secured proofs of claims. The bankruptcy was discharged in July 2008 and the houses were foreclosed on. We went to buy a car  yesterday and we were turned down because evidentally one of our house loans is reporting still active and  over120 days late. I ordered all three of my reports. Equifax is the only one reporting it this way. The other two show it was included in the chapter 13 and it is no longer active since over 2 years ago. Our transunion score is 724 , eqperian is 668 and equifax is showing as 564.  I have been dealing with the mortgage company since the Chapter 13 started. We were getting bills and calls. When we give them the attorney name and number it was like talking to a brick wall. So here we are 2 years after the discharge and it is still coming back to haunt me. I filed a dispute 2 times, and still nothing.  The mortgage company finally sold the note to a new company and I explained this to them and they took care of it on their end, but it is STILL reporting wrong on our credit. with the old mortgage company showing open and delinquent. So when we go to purchase this car, it looks ike we havent paid on our house currently. What do I need to do to get this fixed and is this legal for them to report it this way and ignore my attempts to have it corrected?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jonroboue

Re: Is this legal? Bankruptcy /credit question

I know your pain on this one. I have a problem kind of the same. I have all the lates on the mortgage because I was paying the trustee to the estate which was pre 05'. My house was voided of all liens by the trustee since the mortgage company did not secure the lein within the 30 day period they have. I would suggest gathering all of you court documents and sending them to the CRAs explaining the situation. The mortgage companys seem not to be able to wrap their heads around these situations.

Starting Score: 6/26/10 525
Current Score: 578
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.