cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this legal? How would I handle if not?

tag
kmcbarne
Established Member

Is this legal? How would I handle if not?

I have an old auto loan through National City that I opened in July 1998. In April of 2001, I fell behind on the loan, eventually leading to a settlement offer from NC that I accepted and paid in Spring 2002. EX & EQ both show a single account, set to be removed this year. TU however shows two individual accounts, one showing 90 days past due set to be removed May 2008, and one showing as "Payment after charge off/collection" set to be removed in March 2011. I've called NC and they told me the 2011 account was correct, and to send them a letter detailing the problem so they could delete the 2008 account. This obviously is wrong, as it should fall off in 2008. it looks like what they did was add a second TL reflecting the amount of the loan minus the settlement amount. Is this legal to do? Since I assume it isn't, how do I go about getting it fixed? According to NC they didn't charge off the balance until 2004, hence the 2011 account. I've pasted the account info from TU below, please help...

NATIONAL CITY #
Balance: $0
Date Verified: 04/2004
High Balance: $4,730
Past Due: $0
Terms: $150 for 1 months
Pay Status: >Payment After Charge
Off/Collection
Account Type: Installment Account
Responsibility: Primary Borrower on Account
Date Opened: 07/1998
Date Closed: 04/2004
Loan Type: Automobile
Remark: >Settled - less than full balance
Estimated date that this item will be removed: 03/2011

NATIONAL CITY #
Balance:
Date Updated: 07/2001
High Balance: $14,078
Terms: $346 for 55 months
Pay Status: >90 Days Past Due
Account Type: Installment Account
Responsibility: Joint Account
Date Opened: 07/1998
Loan Type: Automobile
>Maximum delinquency of 90 days in 02/2001 for $1,302
Estimated date that this item will be removed: 05/2008
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.