cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this odd to you? Disputed a transaction now credit report shows "Consumer disputes this account.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this odd to you? Disputed a transaction now credit report shows "Consumer disputes this account.

I had 1 bad transaction - Uhaul charged me twice snuck in $70+ dollars worth of supplies I didn't need, want or ever received.

I disputed it with Paypal Mastercard now report shows this "Consumer Disputes this account information Credit Card".

Is that normal?  Never heard of that before on disputing 1 charge?pp.png

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Is this odd to you? Disputed a transaction now credit report shows "Consumer disputes this

How long ago did you dispute the charge with the CCC. Did you dispute the charge within the 60 days it first appeared on your CC statement?

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this odd to you? Disputed a transaction now credit report shows "Consumer disputes this

I just disputed last Friday and it was well within the 60 days since it appeared.

I hate when I can't get alerts when a trasaction happens otherwise I would have caught this sooner - Paypal Rewards MC.

Message 3 of 15
Medic981
Valued Contributor

I have disputed several CC transactions in the past, due to not receiving an ordered item. I have never seen that dispute translate to a notation on my CR. Perhaps other members will have something better to add.

Message 4 of 15
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

I have disputed several CC transactions in the past, due to not receiving an ordered item. I have never seen that dispute translate to a notation on my CR. Perhaps other members will have something better to add.

I agree with Medic. This is usually corrected internally with the FI. I would call and talk to a supervisor. You’re disputing a charge, not the card or trade line.

Good to see you back Medic.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just found it odd, not bothering me yet (not applying for mortgage) so I'll see how it plays out when the invistagation is complete.

It's near end as I did receive the credit.

I'll update the thread when I know more - good to see you agree it's odd.

Message 6 of 15
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

I agree with Medic. This is usually corrected internally with the FI. I would call and talk to a supervisor. You’re disputing a charge, not the card or trade line.

Good to see you back Medic.

Thanks, good to be back!

Message 7 of 15
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just found it odd, not bothering me yet (not applying for mortgage) so I'll see how it plays out when the invistagation is complete.

It's near end as I did receive the credit.

I'll update the thread when I know more - good to see you agree it's odd.

I am obsessive-compulsive so I could not let it just sit there. You can always contact the CRA and inform them that you are not disputing the account and have the notation removed from your CR.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-Mortgage/td-p/869326

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear you and am OCD on plenty but also have to pick my battles.  Right now my efforts are going into the hail damage on my Audi Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hear you and am OCD on plenty but also have to pick my battles.  Right now my efforts are going into the hail damage on my Audi Smiley Happy

I hear ya too!

I have worked so very hard to rebuild my credit that I nitpick at anything irregular let alone incorrect on my CRs.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.