Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this possible?......part deux..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this possible?......part deux..

Ok guys, when we left off last night I was preparing to have my name removed from my mothers Walmar and Shell cards...sadly she has maxed them out...One more question please..........Is the fact that they have a longer history than most of my cards going to hurt my score more than help?  
They are together at 5k....my cards are a 60 percent at $800....thanks again..jules
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this possible?......part deux..

Being an AU on your mom's cards will no longer count on 1 of the CRAs next month anyway. The remaining ones will no longer count early next year. Doing it now will just help your utilization NOW and remove any derog payment history on those cards from your record now instead of next month and next year.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hijack

If you get taken off as an AU, does the TL still stay on your CR ? Does it show up as a closed account or just fall off the report?

Hoc
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry to hijack
If you get taken off as an AU, does the TL still stay on your CR ? Does it show up as a closed account or just fall off the report?
Hoc

It will no longer be listed on your CR.

In the coming months an AU being on your CR will not count towards determining your FICO score so removing it won't help or hurt you.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the info.

Hoc
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks so much.hey hoc, no problem.the more the merrier!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.