Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this something I need to dispute

tag
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Is this something I need to dispute

My score on EX is 40 pts lower than my other 2 scores and I believe it is this particular account.  I filed BK7 in 8/2014 and discharged 12/2/2014 and only had 2 credit cards at the time, one was Cap1 and other was Barclay Apple and neither card was ever late even going into the BK yet EX is reporting that card late while TU & EQ shows normal but IIB.  By the images I've supplied should I dispute that EX account and if so, what should I tell the CRA?cap2.jpgcap2a.jpg

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is this something I need to dispute

A creditor cannot report a delinquency that is asserted to have occured after BK.

That also applies to a derog in the form of a legitimate charge-off that was taken on a debt that has been discharged by BK.

While the CO may be proper, its reporting is not.

Yes, file a dispute with the CRA, with the basis being the reporting of a delinquency on an account with a debt that was discharged under BK.

Message 2 of 10
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

A creditor cannot report a delinquency that is asserted to have occured after BK.

That also applies to a derog in the form of a legitimate charge-off that was taken on a debt that has been discharged by BK.

While the CO may be proper, its reporting is not.

Yes, file a dispute with the CRA, with the basis being the reporting of a delinquency on an account with a debt that was discharged under BK.

It was current up till contacting my attorney and was told to no longer pay that card, it wasn't after the BK as the card was already closed once the creditor was notified of filing.

Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

So it was closed and delinquent at time of filing?

Message 4 of 10
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

No, it was open and current

Message 5 of 10
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Should I also include a copy of BK form to upload to CRA or could they see it and wouldn't need to send.

Message 6 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would include a copy in order to provide proof of the dates to compare with the date of the asserted delinquency.

Message 7 of 10
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Thank You all

Message 8 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Hope this works out for you with little issue.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 10
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

So I disputed it as was told exactly what to do and they updated the information, just 4 days ago I got an alert from here that my score went up 27 points but there was also a new account ( a 2k AU Citi card) that showed up.  Not sure if the 27 pts was from the dispute or a combination of both.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.