Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Capital one reporting late payments on AU account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with Capital one reporting late payments on AU account

So I had 3 late payments back in 2017 on my cap 1 quicksilver card. About 4 months ago they agreed to goodwill my lates and remove all 3 of them. It took about 3 weeks and they updated on all 3 credit bureaus so I was back to perfect payment history on the card. I was happy that they were decent enough to do that for me.

fast forward to last night I was looking at my girlfriends credit report I noticed her equifax and Transunion score were about 30 points lower then her Experian ( she is an AU on all my cards) and noticed that the 3 late payments were still being reported to Equifax and Transunion. Experian did remove them completly.

What would be the next best steps to take ? Should we contact Capital one directly and ask them to update it in there system or should we reach out to the credit bureaus directly and just dispute the lates with them? What would be the best and fastest way to handle this.

As always , Thanks for the help ! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Issue with Capital one reporting late payments on AU account

@Anonymous wrote:

So I had 3 late payments back in 2017 on my cap 1 quicksilver card. About 4 months ago they agreed to goodwill my lates and remove all 3 of them. It took about 3 weeks and they updated on all 3 credit bureaus so I was back to perfect payment history on the card. I was happy that they were decent enough to do that for me.

fast forward to last night I was looking at my girlfriends credit report I noticed her equifax and Transunion score were about 30 points lower then her Experian ( she is an AU on all my cards) and noticed that the 3 late payments were still being reported to Equifax and Transunion. Experian did remove them completly.

What would be the next best steps to take ? Should we contact Capital one directly and ask them to update it in there system or should we reach out to the credit bureaus directly and just dispute the lates with them? What would be the best and fastest way to handle this.

As always , Thanks for the help ! 

@Anonymous I would recommend reaching out to CapOne, since they were kind enough to do the GW. Maybe you have a contact person you communicated with? Wouldn't wanna dispute it and end up with lates back on your account, which is possible, since it would be accurate.

Also, quick fact and question. One of the 3 CRAs does NOT penalize the AU for lates on the account. Primary is always penalized, but 1 of the 3 doesn't penalize the AU. Trying to determine which one. 

I have data indicating its Equifax, but seeking confirmation. You said EQ is lower for your AU, but I wonder if there could be another reason. And would ask that you watch for changes when it is corrected. Thanks in advance!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

PS, are you sure the AU is counting on versions 8 & 9?
Message 3 of 5
blindambition
Senior Contributor

You need to contact Cap One. Explain what happened, and see if they'll remove. The CRA is technically reporting correctly. Do not dispute.

The other option. Remove account from her reports. Since she's only the AU.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Can you share how you were able to get them to remove late payments please?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.