Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items on Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Items on Credit Report

I'm new to this board and hope that someone can answer my question.  I just pulled my credit report today (TransUnion) and saw that some negative items/collections show at the end "due to be removed:" and it gave a date.
Some items are due to be removed next month.  Is this for real?  Will they just "dissappear"?
This is too good to be true.  I'm a single parent struggling to raise my score and clean up my credit.
I don't know what to do and where to start.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Vu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Items on Credit Report

Hello Sarajane,

Welcome to the board.

Negative trade lines will drop off your credit file after 7 years (or 7 1/2 years, someone please correct me on this) after the last activity on the account such as payment.

When some of your negative ones removed, recheck your FICO score, if it is above 600, try some of these:

Amex Gold Delta: Experian and Equifax, but I heard the majority is Experian.
Hooters Mastercard: TransUnion.
Citi AA Mastercard: Experian
WashingtonMutual: TransUnion

If your score below 600, try Orchard Bank or Household Bank, 300 to 500 credit limit.  Make good payment for about 6 months, keep balance as low as you can, you should be able to apply for the above mentions card, at least in my case.

Good luck.

Message Edited by Vu on 06-28-2007 09:35 PM

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Vu!!!

I will definitely take your advice!  I have seen the phrase "Baby steps" used here and that is what I will be taking.  If you (or anyone else!) have any more suggestions please let me know.

My negative entries on my report total about 3 pages when printed....I saw the ones that look like they will fall off 7/07 and I decided I best leave them alone and hope they slip into the abyss!

Thanks again and keep those suggestions coming.....I'm begging for help!

Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

sarajane wrote:
I'm new to this board and hope that someone can answer my question.  I just pulled my credit report today (TransUnion) and saw that some negative items/collections show at the end "due to be removed:" and it gave a date.
Some items are due to be removed next month.  Is this for real?  Will they just "dissappear"?
This is too good to be true.  I'm a single parent struggling to raise my score and clean up my credit.
I don't know what to do and where to start.

Yes, good news for you!  Try reading the credit scoring 101 thread below.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.