cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J.P. Morgan Chase is offering free credit report monitoring.

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

J.P. Morgan Chase is offering free credit report monitoring.

Get unlimited access to your credit score and more. It's free, even if you're not a Chase customer. 

https://creditcards.chase.com/creditjourney?CELL=68GH&jp_aid_a=65715856&jp_aid_p=chasehome_3/hero  

IMG_1298.PNG

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: J.P. Morgan Chase is offering free credit report monitoring.

@Saleen099 wrote:

Get unlimited access to your credit score and more. It's free, even if you're not a Chase customer. 

https://creditcards.chase.com/creditjourney?CELL=68GH&jp_aid_a=65715856&jp_aid_p=chasehome_3/hero  

IMG_1298.PNG

It's just the TU Vantage 3.0, which I get from other sources. E.g. I get it weekly from Credit Karma, along with the EQ Vantage 3.0, for free.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smh @ Chase IMO it is really misleading for any Banks to offer these services especially when the banks don't give a hoot what your 3.0 is.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often does it update?  Is it monthly like most of these free services or is it weekly like CK?

If it's weekly and could be obtained at the mid-points between CK updates (say Wednesday's opposing CK's Sunday's) I could see value in it.  Otherwise I would find absolutely no use for this.

Second, why are creditors providing VS 3.0 scores when they don't even use them in their lending decisions?  The first one that comes to mind is Capital One and their bogus Credit Wise (VS 3.0) when they don't even use that with respect to any of their decisions on your account.  Now Chase is on board with the same thing?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

SouthJamaica thanks for the heads up! Won't get to excited then ... get that score from my bank.
Message 5 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
SouthJamaica thanks for the heads up! Won't get to excited then ... get that score from my bank.

Yeah, we need another Vantage 3 score like a hole in the head.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe at least offer a VS EX or something.  Everyone gives VS TU.

Message 7 of 12
thom02099
Valued Contributor

What is interesting about this is that it shows up on the log in screen dashboard.  However, once one logs into the account, it's not available.  Or at least I'm not finding it.  I checked both my Chase card and my JPM card, and under each account I find no means to check credit score, unlike AMEX, BofA, Citi, et al that offer free FICO scores on their main account web page.  

Message 8 of 12
sjt
Senior Contributor

If you read the fine print. It gives Chase access to your full reports and allows them to extend offers to you, bypassing any "opt-out". This could be a good or bad thing.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@sjt wrote:

If you read the fine print. It gives Chase access to your full reports and allows them to extend offers to you, bypassing any "opt-out". This could be a good or bad thing.

Wow, I hadn't read that. That explains Chase's real motivation for it... it's a marketing thing.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.