ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Re: Joined the 800 CLUB!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

Pics or it didn't happen Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Congrats! 

IMG_5939.jpeg

Couldn't attach a picture until I got to my laptop but here it is! 

Hahaha you're the best! 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I learned everything I know about credit from this forum also.
Message 12 of 16
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Man, I wish I would've known about this forum when I was 18! Although, I don't know if it existed 15 years ago... My dad always tried to tell me about the importance of credit, but never really guided me on how to manage it properly. I'm 30 and my scores are barely in the low 700's.

Keep up the amazing work! Great credit will get you the things in life that you want, and it will usually cost less! Pay your bills on time no matter what and just keep doing what you're doing.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Queen_Etherea you are making it. Credit is a slow steady game of progress. Another way to look at it: "one day at a time". It took me from 2001 to 2009 to get approved for a big boy bank credit card. Scores went up so slowly and then would stall ... frustrating. The best thing to day is the MyFico Board and other info sources. Did not have that when I was scratching at the ground trying to figure it out. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on reaching 800 so soon and at a young age, definitely something to be proud of. Self discipline, determination and knowledge are likley key elements in reaching this goal so quickly. As well as possibly a decent income to pay your bills, and no major finacial /medical setbacks. Just remember that the quicker you achieve a goal, the sooner/easier it is to get lazy and let it all go. Remain vigilant.

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

Man, I wish I would've known about this forum when I was 18! Although, I don't know if it existed 15 years ago... My dad always tried to tell me about the importance of credit, but never really guided me on how to manage it properly. I'm 30 and my scores are barely in the low 700's. 

Agreed. When I was 18 there was no internet, forums etc. on this issue/topic. My parents weren't exactly the best role models in the credit dept. either, and there was no option for AU or Co-Signer. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Im inching closer on Ex.
Your age makes it an extra incredible thing as your accounts will age nicely over the next 20 years!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.