Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement w/company that has gone out of business

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgement w/company that has gone out of business

Here is what I would do... Send a DV via CMRRR to the company that went out of business. The letter should come back undeliverable.

Make copies of everything and send the CRA the following letter:

--

Dear Equifax\CSC,

I recently attempted to contact collection agency XXXXX on my credit report at the addresses listed on my credit report. The letters I sent via USPS CMRRR have been returned to me undeliverable because the companies “forwarding address expired, return to sender”. The collection agencies do not exist at the addresses mentioned in my credit report. I have included a copy of both sides of the envelopes for your review.

As you are well aware, under 15 U.S.C. § 1681i and § 1681s–2 of the FCRA, as well as numerous other places, you are required by federal law to report only accurate information. You have violated my civil rights by repeatedly reporting inaccurate information when I request my credit report, and when lenders view my report. This is a violation of federal law that I have a right to seek remedy for from the courts as it has caused me damage in how I am viewed by lenders, and terms of loans received.

I demand that within five days of receipt of this letter that these negative trade lines associated with this complaint be deleted from my file, as required by the FCRA. If this demand is not met, I will be filing grievances with the Attorney General, and the Federal Trade Commission.

I look forward to an expedient conclusion to this issue.

Sincerely,

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats great Tuscani.....
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you heard anything back yet Tuscani?
Message 13 of 14
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

OP, any update?
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.