cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment never reported - Should I be worried?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment never reported - Should I be worried?

Long story short. . . I got a judgment way back in 3/2012.

11/2012, received writ and my employer started garnishing my wages.

Garnishment lasted until 6/2013 and paid in full. I owe nothing. 

So here's my question. I reviewed all my CRAs reports and the judgment is no where to be seen. Nada, zilch.

Did I dodge a bullet or should I be worried this "paid off" judgment will come to haunt me in the future?  It's paid up so what is the incentive for the courts/creditor to add this to my CRAa at this point of the game?

Thanks for your input.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Judgment never reported - Should I be worried?

Judgments are not usually "reported" to the CRAs by creditors/courts.

They are normally added to credit reports by way of internal pubic records searches conducted by the CRAs via their own commissioned searches of public records.

The CRAs benefit from completeness of their reports, which makes their product more valuable, so invests in including such information.

Perhaps the court that issued the judgment is not included in the normal records search conducted by the searchers.

It is possible that it could show at any time, but if it has been a couple of years, chances amy be good that it is not part of the normal records available in searches......

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment never reported - Should I be worried?

Well, I did go to the local courthouse and the records for the case was not scanned. It was old school in a folder so I had the court clerk copy the file and paid my fee.

I am hoping since the garnishment is complete, that the old judgment does not show up anytime soon. Thanks for your input. 

@RobertEG wrote:

Judgments are not usually "reported" to the CRAs by creditors/courts.

They are normally added to credit reports by way of internal pubic records searches conducted by the CRAs via their own commissioned searches of public records.

The CRAs benefit from completeness of their reports, which makes their product more valuable, so invests in including such information.

Perhaps the court that issued the judgment is not included in the normal records search conducted by the searchers.

It is possible that it could show at any time, but if it has been a couple of years, chances amy be good that it is not part of the normal records available in searches......

I

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.