Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper reverses their CLD for me!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper reverses their CLD for me!!

Well, some good news from Barclay's/Juniper.  They reversed my CLD and gave me my original line back!

A little history: Last April, I applied for one of their promos (USAirways visa), and was approved for a $3k CL.  During the anti-Jumani last December, I got hit for a CLD all the way down to $500.  Yes, $500, like an 18 year old in college gets. 

Their reasoning? "We've adjusted your CL to reflect your spending".

So, yesterday I decided to push the envelope on this.  I called and the CSR gives me the same old line....denied for a CLI, you will get a letter in the mail, blah blah blah.

I then asked for a supervisor and told her that I have never been late, the $500 CL was what a college student gets, I can't use more than $50 or I would adversely affect my credit score, etc. etc. 

I really didn't get her attention too much until I said that I had a $3k limit before and was just looking to get the $500 increased so I could use this card more.....

She agreed and said "Oh, now I see.  You had a $3k limit before....ok, I changed it back, so you should be all set".

I said "Thank you for the excellent customer service" and that was that.  Checked my card online a few hours later and the $3k CL was back!!

So, ask for a supervisor, be nice, give them reasons to reinstate your old CL, or at least part of it.

Good luck.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Juniper reverses their CLD for me!!

I am happy for you and that you got that reversed. Unfortunately it might be an isolated situation because I got the whole adjusted to match your spending crap and I called, no luck, wrote them, no luck and I know many others got nowhere too. So I would consider you lucky and I am personally happy for you and glad you got it.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 2 of 4
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Wow.  I agree this may be an isolated incident.  They just rate jacked me but I only have a $300 limit so I can't even carry a balance anyway.  All this will 700 scores.  And they wonder why I don't use their card.
Message 3 of 4
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Donks3369 wrote:
Wow.  I agree this may be an isolated incident.  They just rate jacked me but I only have a $300 limit so I can't even carry a balance anyway.  All this will 700 scores.  And they wonder why I don't use their card.

Yeah that is ridiculous. I mean with a CL that low, any usage practically makes your util a nightmare. I can't believe they pull this crap and expect things to get better when they are sabotaging the people can get them out of it. Oh well, their loss how I see it. I have taken the approach of, you screw with me, I will sockdrawer your card and use the ones that treat me right. I have plenty of credit to go around and will not put up with crap like this. Hell I will go back to using cash before I put up with this. Unfortunately not everyone has that option, which sucks.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.