Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just an FYI, was approved for...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just an FYI, was approved for...

Barclays used to be Juniper. I applied for the Osh Kosh MC. Rewards at Carters and Osh Kosh. Barclays has a number of other partner cards.

My TU FAKO (thru TC) was probably no more than 645-650 when I applied.

If you do a search for cardpulls on CB, you should get the mother of all pulls list. Which OC pulled what CRA and in what state (I think) when applying.

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks much!  I'll see what happensSmiley Happy
Message 22 of 28
Valued Member

I just applied for the citi AA World Master Card, I'm not quite sure of the status but I just get this weird feeling if you're told we'll contact you within 30 days to inform you of the status on your application....it means denied.

TU - 722
EQ - 712
EX - 718

Maybe it has something to do with the short account history. The average age of my accounts is 4 years. But I have 2 paid installment loans with revolving account balances of $0. I have about 4 revolving accounts but only one major credit card. The installment accounts were auto loans I paid in full. And now I'm a bit dissapointed in myself for applying for this card when I have an auto loan to apply for in a few months. I'ved accumalted roughly 3 hard inquiries this year. The auto loan will be my last for the year as of i'm tired of being denied credit while trying to build credit. It's a mystery to me.Smiley Indifferent

I feel we're being judged by a set of rules we'll all never understand when playing this credit game.
Message 23 of 28
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Jontevius wrote:
I just applied for the citi AA World Master Card, I'm not quite sure of the status but I just get this weird feeling if you're told we'll contact you within 30 days to inform you of the status on your application....it means denied.

TU - 722
EQ - 712
EX - 718

Maybe it has something to do with the short account history. The average age of my accounts is 4 years. But I have 2 paid installment loans with revolving account balances of $0. I have about 4 revolving accounts but only one major credit card. The installment accounts were auto loans I paid in full. And now I'm a bit dissapointed in myself for applying for this card when I have an auto loan to apply for in a few months. I'ved accumalted roughly 3 hard inquiries this year. The auto loan will be my last for the year as of i'm tired of being denied credit while trying to build credit. It's a mystery to me.Smiley Indifferent

I feel we're being judged by a set of rules we'll all never understand when playing this credit game.

Are you sure you were denied? I'd expect an approval with a 700+. And 30 days does not always mean denial. Assuming you were denied, try reconn via PFB.
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jontevius wrote:
TU - 722
EQ - 712
EX - 718

I have 2 paid installment loans with revolving account balances of $0. I have about 4 revolving accounts but only one major credit card.

On the one CC you have do you PIF each month?

Message 25 of 28
Valued Member

On the one CC you have do you PIF each month?

yes I do
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leave a balance of between 1 and 9 percent on it, just long enough to report. You'll get a FICO boost.
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hooters Card - ???
Delta Sky Miles - 1000.00
Citi AAdvantage - 5K
HBSC Platinum - 1500
Shell Gas - 300.

Denied:
BOA Platinum

My scores at the time of approval:

TU - 622
EQ - 579
EX - 640

have 5 collection accounts listed, one as recent as 10 mos ago...

Hope this helps those looking for TLs.

BTW, I got a scorewatch alert today that my EQ score went up 8 points...

Peace

Part II

Applied and received:

Target Store Card
Wal-Mart store card
Amex Blue Cash
Amex Starwoods
Valero Gas card
Exxon Mobile gas

Also, even though I had a lot of inq, TU Fico went from 622 to 633.

Just checked my report and found that NCC Business services reported an account that was PAID in 10/2005 on my credit report this month. It shows to be a derogatory since it is a collection account, but has been paid. It is being DV now.

Peace
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.