cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just cancelled my Orchard Bank and Premier Bank cards! Yippee!

tag
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Just cancelled my Orchard Bank and Premier Bank cards! Yippee!

I cancelled my Orchard  Bank card and they charged me a $3.50 fee.  Can you believe that? Haven't I been fee'd enough? No more Orchard Bank! After the fee, I still have a small credit.  I had to sit on hold for 15 minutes before getting through to someone.  She told me to get them to send me a check, I would have to call back after the account was closed to ask for my credit.  Argh! They want me to call back and wait another 15 minutes only to ask for something that I could ask for now.  Frustrating! It's no wonder I'm cancelling the card.  I can see people forgetting to pay the fee and then ending up late, only to have a negative on their credit report.  Don't let that happen to you!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
annah618
Established Member

Re: Just cancelled my Orchard Bank and Premier Bank cards! Yippee!

That is so ridiculous... A fee to close your account? Like they haven't made enough money off of you as it is with just regular interest charges. And I can't believe they want you to call back in order to get your refund... They are hoping you will forget to call again so that they can keep it. Such jerks.
Message 2 of 3
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just cancelled my Orchard Bank and Premier Bank cards! Yippee!

Wish we had someone we could report them to... Better Business Bureau?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.