cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got approved for an Airtran Airways Platinum Visa :)

tag
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just got approved for an Airtran Airways Platinum Visa :)

Do you think they all have the same underwriting guidelines? I'm wondering if some cards are easier to get than others.
Message 21 of 26
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

I dont know offhand. I do know that most people on here got instantly approved on the Airtran, USAirways, and Carnival cards.
Message 22 of 26
ah32
Frequent Contributor

I ended up getting approved for the Carnival Seamiles card with a whopping $500 limit.  Definitely not worth the inquiry.  I have cards with low limits already! Oh well.
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@chartley3 wrote:
I decided to give a Juniper Card a try and applied for a Airtran Airways Visa, and was APPROVED for the platinum card with no annual fee and a $1750 CL. Best yet they pull TU which for me was at 604 with an old BK and some baddies. You also get 1 mile for each dollar you spend which is also nice. If your looking for a CC that seems to be BK friendly this one isnt bad. The APR is 21% but I will try and negotiate that down in a month or two Smiley Happy Now the big question. I have 2 First Premier Cards, one that is approaching 2 yrs old and has a $200 limit and the other one that is 7 months old with a $300. My question is should I close them out once and for all and take a small drop in my score until this new card ages in 6 months or continue to pay all the fees associated with them and keep it open but not use them??

interesting...and WTG!!! i've had a 1st premier for a year and two months, should i go for the juniper too? was the offer to apply by mail? online? i've never applied for a juniper, so can someone help me out? my TU last time i checked was 624.

I was hoping Juniper would let me have my wife-to-be as a joint applicant, but the website form only allows for one applicant on there.
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

chartley3 wrote:
I dont know offhand. I do know that most people on here got instantly approved on the Airtran, USAirways, and Carnival cards.

I didn't...I guess I really do suck.  Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man last thing ever to do is close a credit card account you need as many as possible. If you can not keep from spending cut it up but, leave it open the fico score will look at how much total credit you have vs what you use. So, if you have two other cards at zero it is good for your score. I would also use those cards for everything you would are going to pay cash or check. Max it out every day and then put the money in bank when it is maxed out in a week pay it off and do it again they will keep raising your limits and you can negoigiate interest. I must warn you will show bad on your score on short term but if you are going to buy, something big leave it at zero that month. Other than that max it out every chance you get with money you where going to spend anyway not stuff you can not afford. Pay groceries, gas, electric all bills you can pay with credit card but must pay it to zero right when it gets maxed not the day its due.

been there rebuilt credit. quick 2k card now 22k card.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.