cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got the keys for the new apartment...

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Just got the keys for the new apartment...

Hi Cynical Congrats on your new apartment.....
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Congrat's on the new apartment. I rented a brand-new townhouse, and of course since everything was new, and my security deposit was high. I had my father go with me on a walk through with a video camera. We did this when I left too, since I am such a neat freak. I wanted to make sure I received my deposit back. I did! (And always have!) You can always ask them about replacing the carpet, but I am sure they will probably just tell you no. You just may have to break down and buy that decorative rug.
Message 12 of 17
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

Hey, congrats on the apartment! I envy the fact that you can get a 1300 sq feet apartment for 870/month. Oh, that would be heavenly here where I live (Northern California)! Congrats!
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are great tips. 

I haven't known anyone who hasn't had to push at least a little when it comes to getting some or all of their deposit back. Protecting yourself is very smart.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

This post is from 2007, lol.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last apartment I rented was about $900 a month for one bedroom a lot smaller.  I didn't have the rent a few times and the landlord or property manager let me slide the deposit over as rent those times.  When it was time to move out I didn't get the deposit back, but I had wrecked the joint and wouldn't have gotten it back anyway.

I disagree strongly with showing pics of the inside of anyone's home here on myfico.  Think about what we talk about here from a security perspective.  And lol at ten year old necropost!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I set an alarm to remind me to resurrect this in 2027...  That is, if Amazon is still in business and supporting the Echo alarms.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.