Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just pulled my cr and..........

tag
ktl55
Regular Contributor

Just pulled my cr and..........

some company named Jefferson Capital Systems did a soft pull. When I search on google for who they were and I got a website called rip off report? I have no idea who they are or what they would want from me. Anyone know of them or why they would be pulling my cr?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just pulled my cr and..........

Jefferson Captial Systems is the people who run Credit for Fingerhut and Majestic Visa. Most likely one of two things, they are going to send you an offer of credit or they are going to begin collections on an old fingerhut account. I just paid these jokers off this past week and they are not fun people to deal with.
Message 2 of 9
ktl55
Regular Contributor

chartley3 wrote:
Jefferson Captial Systems is the people who run Credit for Fingerhut and Majestic Visa. Most likely one of two things, they are going to send you an offer of credit or they are going to begin collections on an old fingerhut account. I just paid these jokers off this past week and they are not fun people to deal with.

who is fingerhut? I never had an account with anyone named fingerhut.
Message 3 of 9
ktl55
Regular Contributor

also, what is the purpose of opting out and they can still pull your credit report?
Message 4 of 9
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Fingerhut is a catalog company where you can buy merchandise. Think JC Penney without the brick and mortar stores. I would contact them and ask them why they did a soft pull.

Message 5 of 9
ktl55
Regular Contributor

chartley3 wrote:

Fingerhut is a catalog company where you can buy merchandise. Think JC Penney without the brick and mortar stores. I would contact them and ask them why they did a soft pull.

call finger hut or jefferson capital? when i search for jefferson I don't get any contact information just a whole lot of complaints about them
Message 6 of 9
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

I would call fingerhut and ask the rep to give you a number for Jefferson Capital. Explain to them the soft pull and they should get you a number to talk to someone there.
Message 7 of 9
ktl55
Regular Contributor

chartley3 wrote:
I would call fingerhut and ask the rep to give you a number for Jefferson Capital. Explain to them the soft pull and they should get you a number to talk to someone there.

I'll think about it. If it's an offer of credit I'll just ignore it. I guess as long as it's not a hard inquiry or some frivilous collection I'm not going to stress it. I have never heard of jefferson or fingerhut; so I'm not going to worry about it..............for now.

thanks

PS. I thought opting our was to prevent someone from pulling your cr to offer credit? or is that so you don't get anything in the mail.
Message 8 of 9
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Opting out is receiving stuff from a  specific company via mail and/or email.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.