Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just want to give thanks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to give thanks

Will try to keep this short

in 2014 the only  credit I and my wife could get was 1st progress secured. Used it and PIF . Over the next two years stumbled and bumbled into 2 credit ones (visa and MC) ,Merrick Visa ,Legacy VISA . These raised my scores to the point where I could get a VA loan for my house . Then I stumbled on the forum . Set a goal to build to better cards and higher limits .Also decided to not do any sprees, but to apply for a card a month for awhile . Long story short ,Using some of the advice I have received here,this is where I am

Closed —both Credit ones (2700 combined),Legacy 1750

Permanent SD - Multiple reasons mostly dont need,or no added value to use, 2 Cap one (2000 QS1and Plat combined),OLLO 2k, Merrick Visa 1800.

Synchrony Store Cards (used for appliances etc for house and special financing .all will be paid or have been paid before financing runs out) Home 10k,Sleep number 7k,Value City Furn 7k. They were lower originally but have asked for CLIS periodically.

Discover—6200

AMEX PRG-NPSL

Amex Bce—2800

Amazon VISA —5k

Home Depot—-2500

5th third truly simple——4k

Overstock—-10k (low usage but nice CLIS)

Wayfairs——-6k (low usage nice CLIS)

USAA Rate Advantage ——5k

Citi Diamond Preferred —-5600

JCPENNEY—-2500

CHEAPOAIR——5K

MARVEL————2K

AU on CSP——7K and BoA rewards 3k

i think thru some luck and eventually finding the forum I am headed in the right direction . I will be gardening for awhile. My wife doesn’t believe that but....

SCORES —as of yesterday for CCT ——-EXP 732 (17 inq) TU 747(13) EQU 718 (10) no derogatory . AAOA 1.3 yr

utilizationis 15%

Thanks for the sharing of knowledge.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just want to give thanks

Congratulations!!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also be interested if anyone has any recommendations

Message 3 of 6
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Awesome work!

The best advice I can give is to garden, and otherwise to just keep on doing what you're doing.

Every 6 months or so, go around to all your cards and see if you are eligible for CLIs or APR reductions without a hard inquiry.  Amex in particular is famous for its 3x CLIs; you will be able to get that card into big boy territory in no time.

Otherwise, just chill.  The best thing about having good credit is the sense of security that comes from knowing that you don't have to worry about it, and that it will be there for you when you need it.  So enjoy it!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice . I use an excel spreadsheet to track due dates etc . .i have notated August and September as CLI month. It is a nice feeling to have decent credit . I owe a lot to people on this forum 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the advice . I use an excel spreadsheet to track due dates etc . .i have notated August and September as CLI month. It is a nice feeling to have decent credit . I owe a lot to people on this forum 

Most of us accept credit card payments.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.