Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV updated DOLA?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV updated DOLA?????

i disputed the account, and they had DOLA as 2005, but now it is april 2008? how is that legal? i have never agreed to pay them a dime, and they have refused to validate the debt. they even put a 90+ days late updated for april 2008.

AND i disputed a GMAC account from 2001, and it is now reopened, with another 90+ days late on it! AFTER it said closed account before i disputed it. it was a charge off. that gave me -22 points.

Message Edited by jango on 05-05-2008 10:24 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
corkyduckfan
New Contributor

Re: LVNV updated DOLA?????

In regards to LVNV, they are one of the top ten worst collection agencies and they do reage accounts all the time.  They did it to me and I demanded validation and threatened to sue them if they did not delete the account immediately.  They deleted it.  If you have a copy of that old report showing the DOLA as 2005, just make a copy of it, circle it for the CRA and dispute it with the CRA and remind them that it is against the law to report inaccurate info and they should do a full media validation and make LVNV come up with the original signed contract.  I highly doubt that they will be able to furnish the CRA's with this appropriate info.  If, by the small chance that LVNV ignores your D,V letter, then by all means, take them to small claims court.  They will never show up and you will win likely by default.  I hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.