Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payments during BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late Payments during BK

Hope this is the right place to post this. I have been rebuilding about a year now as i rebuild i study and read my reports over and over, anyways while looking at my TU report i have five late payments from 2013. I filed capter 13 in march 2011. So my question is can they do that? and is there anything i can do anout it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: Late Payments during BK

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope this is the right place to post this. I have been rebuilding about a year now as i rebuild i study and read my reports over and over, anyways while looking at my TU report i have five late payments from 2013. I filed capter 13 in march 2011. So my question is can they do that? and is there anything i can do anout it?

Since you filed BK in March 2011 only debts incurred before filing would be included in the BK.

As far as reporting of late payments a BK filing does not change the credit reporting.   If you have late payments either before or after filing they can be reported to the CRA and appear on your credit report.  

Now are these late payments that are showing in 2013 related to a debt you incurred prior to filing BK or are they for debts post filing?

If they are prefiling then late payments sould not show for 2013 since you filed for BK in 2011.  However if they are for a post filing debt and you were late then correct information is showing on your CR and you have no basis to dispute. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prior to filing
Message 3 of 4
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

In that case I would dispute it, and I would also contact your BK lawyer.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.