Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leasing Company Hard Pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leasing Company Hard Pull

So I recently turned in an app with a company I'm planning to lease an apartment with in May/June.  They say their only requirements are a score of >650 and  income >=3x the monthly rent.  I meet both of those criteria so I'm not worried about getting accepted.  I do have a question though, and I'm sure at least one person here knows the answer Smiley Happy

I know that you an ask your lender/your lender is required to give you your score when they pull your report.  Is the same true for a leasing company who, in reality, isn't lending you anything?  At this point I'm not willing to pay for scores/reports, but I do like to get my score for free as often as possible (not really free this time though since there was a $30 app fee).  

So two questions.

1.  Is there any law that requires leasing agencies to provide you with your score/report when they pull it?

2.  If no, has anyone here had any luck requesting their score/report from a leasing ageny?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Leasing Company Hard Pull

I believe that the requirement to show your score only applies if either you are denied credit - or if you are approved with less favorable terms.

You can always ask the leasing co to show you what they pull, at least they might show your report, even w/o scores. 

I don't see why they would refuse to show it to you ~ it is your information they are pulling, plus the $30 app fee you pay covers their costs.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Everyone is different, but around here it is not standard practice to pull your score, only your report. They are more concerned with any past issues of missed rent payments.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cdtotten wrote:

Everyone is different, but around here it is not standard practice to pull your score, only your report. They are more concerned with any past issues of missed rent payments.

I spoke with one of the leasing agents and she said their only requirements for approval are a 650+ (she didn't know which CRA they pulled) and at an income of 3x the monthly rent.  I'll try to get them to show me my report/score Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.