cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left US with one unpaid credit card debt 15 years ago. Now that I am back cannot get my credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Left US with one unpaid credit card debt 15 years ago. Now that I am back cannot get my credit score

I keep trying to access my credit score and it says "non sufficent information to look up credit score"

I really need to establish credit again. september 11th left me with no job for a long time. So what is causing me to not access my credit score? I keep showing my accurate addresses for a credit look up. Will I have to build up my credit buy obtaining a new credit card? How long will it take to increase my score? I would like to obtain a used car. will pay most of the car with a big down payment.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Left US with one unpaid credit card debt 15 years ago. Now that I am back cannot get my credit s

You will need to re-establish your credit here in the US.  You have not had a credit card for over 15 years and all your previous history is gone.  Opening new credit will help you re-build your credit file.  It typically takes 6 months to obtain a score.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Left US with one unpaid credit card debt 15 years ago. Now that I am back cannot get my credit s

Answered above but see also:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/questions/requirement-for-fico-score.aspx

If you left the US 15 years ago and haven't had any active credit accounts since then you're not going to have any data to generate a score.  Scores aren't just pulled out of thin air.  It's about the standard factors and their typical weights.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.