cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenders that offer Free FICO scores!

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Lenders that offer Free FICO scores!

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh yeah, whatever address you app'd for make sure there is someone there that can forward mail to you because they send a Signature Sheet that you have to sign in 10 days of receiving it.

Yeah, I put my mother's address since my home of record is an apartment address in PA where no one I know currently lives.  I don't know if I can make a 10 day turnaround with my mother forwarding that mail to an APO address in UK.  I will worry about that later though.   Right now, I am just hoping they approve my application, because it is kind of stretching the rules into a grey area.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 11 of 25
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Lenders that offer Free FICO scores! PSECU applied!

UPDATE:  just verified SOFT-PULL on EX!   Yippie!  I hope I get in, but thanks jd for the great info!

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news. Once the soft goes through that typically means they found you eligible location-wise otherwise they would have not have pulled. Your scores are similar to mine so I don't see why they would deny you credit-wise. Keep us updated!

Message 13 of 25
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good news. Once the soft goes through that typically means they found you eligible location-wise otherwise they would have not have pulled. Your scores are similar to mine so I don't see why they would deny you credit-wise. Keep us updated!

I don't think this means anything.  I think they pulled the EX report immediately when I clicked the 'submit' button because thats when it started asking questions to verify identity related to my report.  But, yes, maybe the info I put in passed some sort of cursory computer-based check.  I think they are going to manually review everything within the next 3 days though before giving me a membership number or reason for denial.  I do, however, see 2 soft-pulls on the EX report:

... so I'm not sure why the pulled it 2 times.  Maybe one is for the manual review.

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had received an email right after I app'd:
PSECU : Your Account Application has been received.

Two minutes after that I got approved:
PSECU : Account Application Acceptance Notification

So keep an eye out in your email inbox for updates!

Message 15 of 25
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I just called them again and they confirmed that my application was approved!  woo hoo!   Unfortunately, they did not give me my member number and told me to wait until I get it in the mail.  So it is a good thing that I used my mother's address and she can forward that mail to me.  Awesome.  Thanks for your help jd!  

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and you're welcome. Glad I could help and give you some info into it! As for the signature sheet, she could probably scan it, email it to you and have you sign it, email it back to her and she could print then send it out for you.

Message 17 of 25
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval and you're welcome. Glad I could help and give you some info into it! As for the signature sheet, she could probably scan it, email it to you and have you sign it, email it back to her and she could print then send it out for you.

I don't think PSECU is going to close my account if they get the signature card late.  It is much easier for my mother to just mail it to me.  I am not rushing to open a credit card or get any kind of loan, so I can wait.  The sole purpose of having this account, at this point in time, is to get free EX FICO scores.

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

So aside from  PSECU, any other places offer this service? 

Message 19 of 25
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

PSECU is the only credit union I know of that openly advertises that they will give out regular free Experian FICO scores.  AFAIK, nobody else does it for EX. 

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.