cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lending Club loan dropped my score by 49...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lending Club loan dropped my score by 49...

my lending club loan finally hit my report and my transunion scored dropped by 49.   equifax dropped by 1.   its showing as a unsecured loan(not sure if thats good or not)  anyone know why it might have done that?  thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lending Club loan dropped my score by 49...

It could be because personal loans are coded as consumer finance accounts (CFAs) by the Fico algoritim, and the Fico algoritim views CFAs as a negative item. Consumer finance accounts are generally (not always!) indicative of a high-risk borrower. Smiley Happy

It could also be that the loan lowered your AAoA. 

I could very well be wrong about this, but that's what I think. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

my lending club loan finally hit my report and my transunion scored dropped by 49.   equifax dropped by 1.   its showing as a unsecured loan(not sure if thats good or not)  anyone know why it might have done that?  thanks

How much of the loan has been repaid to date?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

An unsecured loan is a loan with no form of collateral (personal and student loans fall in this category). A secured loan is backed by some from of collateral (mortgage and auto loans are the most common). Consumer finance accounts are generally sub prime and indirect lending loans (examples include financing from furniture and rent-to-own type businesses).

The inquiry, drop in average age of accounts and having 100% utilization on a new loan will all factor into scoring. Any one, or combination of these things can lower your scores.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

loan is brand new.  no payments have been made on it.    first payment comes off on the 23rd, and im sending an additonal amount each time so i can pay it down withing 18 months. ( 36 month loan).  

Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
An unsecured loan is a loan with no form of collateral (personal and student loans fall in this category). A secured loan is backed by some from of collateral (mortgage and auto loans are the most common). Consumer finance accounts are generally sub prime and indirect lending loans (examples include financing from furniture and rent-to-own type businesses).

The inquiry, drop in average age of accounts and having 100% utilization on a new loan will all factor into scoring. Any one, or combination of these things can lower your scores.

To add to this excellent list, depending on your scorecard it might've reset Age of Youngest Account too and that's yet another penalty potentially.

        
Message 6 of 7
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

I agree with the last post...it must have been a reset of your aged accounts...I have a Lending Club and Best Egg....neither dropped me...in fact, I gained a point or 2.

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.