Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenny Credit Ending

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lenny Credit Ending

I'm so sad that the only free source of EQ FICO scores I know of (without having a credit account) is going away. Smiley Sad

Just got this email:

We are writing to announce important changes to your Lenny line of credit. 

Since Lenny Credit launched in 2015, we have proudly given more than 3,000 people access to credit and the educational resources needed to build a great credit score.

Over the last 2 years, we’ve learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t for our users. This knowledge, that can only come from hands-on experience, has helped us craft a new solution that we believe can help even more people, with less room for human error.

As we shift our focus to this brand new and exciting solution, Lenny Credit will no longer be issuing new credit lines.

Beginning September 25, 2017, the following changes will apply to your account:

• Free credit scores will be limited to users with current credit lines
  • Lenny Points will no longer be calculated

During this transition, you may still access the wealth of credit building tools provided on our financial education blog. 

We are committed now more than ever to our original vision of enabling millennials to build great credit scores. Thanks for bearing with us while we perfect that vision.

Sincerely,

The Lenny Credit Team

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lenny Credit Ending

I can't imagine what it cost them to provide those scores to people -- probably a ton, but they had VC investments to burn through and likely did.

Providing FICO scores to people is expensive to get the data, and expensive to secure the data.  Vantage Scores are cheaper than dirt, but FICO charges a lot for what is a useful score.

I wonder how much they actually pay per pull...

Message 2 of 5
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Got one Fico from Lenny and no more.. sent an email before the notice went out and just got an answer and they closed my account for me...(Account has been suspended)

Thanks for the EQ score I guess...

-J

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep, got that same email myself today

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut still gives me a free EQ FICO, however it's monthly, and it is always over a month behind. I got my first one in July and it didn't update until around mid-September, and when it did it was dated 8/8. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.