cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let me get this straight - you can have a paid collection deleted?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me get this straight - you can have a paid collection deleted?

My fiance and i are gearing up for buying a house in the next 2 years so I'm working my tail off cleaning up both of our CRs.  

He had a CO on a Cap1 card in May '05.   He paid a CA in settlement for less than owed in Dec. '05.

Do we have to wait until 7 years from CO or is there a way to get that off sooner?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let me get this straight - you can have a paid collection deleted?

You have to talk the creditor into deleting - and that's *near* impossible with Cap1.
If the CO is PIF, it's hurting your scores, but - it is paid and that's a good thing in most lenders' eyes!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've experienced with Cap1, as well as read about them, they don't usually sell their debts, just assign them. Is the CA or Cap1 showing on your reports, or both? If the CA is showing, you might be able to get them off. If it's Cap1, you're probably stuck with them for the full 7 years.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhhh... from what I see on Experian (freecreditreport.com) it's showing Cap1 and it shows KD ("key derogatory" ) through Feb. '06.  He paid it off 3 months prior to that though. 
Is that worth disputing?  How accurate is freecreditreport.com anyway?

Message Edited by massagemama on 03-05-2008 10:19 AM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.