cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's work together to hold EXPERIAN accountable!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's work together to hold EXPERIAN accountable!!

Are these people the absolute worst at customer service? I mean, I've never talked with such a large number of arrogant people in my life, and I'm generally a nice guy over the phone... very focused, but nice.

The "senior level" managers at Experian will flat out tell you: they are only acccountable to the FTC... the Federal Trade Commission division of the government.

Bu##$hit, I say.

All the credit bureaus are slow for a reason: there's MONEY in selling you services to MAKE you want to monitor your credit, to buy your scores, etc. but the only bureau that "sticks it in your eye" is Experian.

First, let me say that I HATE big government, new laws, new regulations, etc. but in some cases there are situations that call for intervention. This is one of those times. I think it's time for us to start a massive letter writing campaign to our Congressional Reps and demand that the FTC be given full power to reign in companies like Experian. No more "30 day" excuses on settling disputes. No more "we still need more time" garbage. No more "we are not accountable to you" audacity. No more "we do not accept phone calls" lies.

Find out who your rep is right here www.house.gov/writerep and email or write to them and start poinding on some doors. Experian must be held accountable.

Message Edited by CreditHawk on 07-27-2007 12:49 PM
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Let's work together to hold EXPERIAN accountable!!

CreditHawk wrote:
Are these people the absolute worst at customer service? I mean, I've never talked with such a large number of arrogant people in my life, and I'm generally a nice guy over the phone... very focused, but nice.

The "senior level" managers at Experian will flat out tell you: they are only acccountable to the FTC... the Federal Trade Commission division of the government.

Bu##$hit, I say.

All the credit bureaus are slow for a reason: there's MONEY in selling you services to MAKE you want to monitor your credit, to buy your scores, etc. but the only bureau that "sticks it in your eye" is Experian.

First, let me say that I HATE big government, new laws, new regulations, etc. but in some cases there are situations that call for intervention. This is one of those times. I think it's time for us to start a massive letter writing campaign to our Congressional Reps and demand that the FTC be given full power to reign in companies like Experian. No more "30 day" excuses on settling disputes. No more "we still need more time" garbage. No more "we are not accountable to you" audacity. No more "we do not accept phone calls" lies.

Find out who your rep is right here www.house.gov/writerep and email or write to them and start poinding on some doors. Experian must be held accountable.

Message Edited by CreditHawk on 07-27-2007 12:49 PM

EX is evil! MOV and ITS will be on it's way.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help me with this... MOV and ITS mean what?
Message 3 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Message 4 of 13
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

Just some info to you about what I did, because EX still refuses to give me a proper investigation of my disputes:
1)starting disputing items several months ago
2)redisputed multiple times
3)ask for mov, cmrrr
4)EX responds with "we used an automated verification system," after I specifically stated that I want contact names, addresses, and phone #'s.  I called them about their so called automation system, and asked them for once again, contact names, addresses, phone #'s.  They told me to get them off of my cr.  By now, I'm done!
5)Sent ITS letter,cmrrr, giving them 5 days to delete, or face federal court lawsuit.
6)filed complaints with the FTC, AG, and BBB

It's time that we start enforcing our rights as consumers, and I don't know about all of you, but I'm done playing games with these people.

Message Edited by sunnyday on 07-28-2007 07:53 AM
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 07-28-2007 05:31 AM
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sunny,
My situation is almost identical. I'm beyond frustrated with EX, they are lazy and evil! Smiley Mad

My rep is The Honorable David G. Reichert... I'm on his website as we speak.
Message 7 of 13
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

I complained to all three links posted above including to my reps, too.
Message 8 of 13
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

I'm very glad to hear that others are not putting up with the CRA's crap anymore.  Let's go guys and gals!  We need to pull together and take a stand!  Maybe if enough consumers start complaining and enforcing their rights, the CRA's will be held accountable.
Message 9 of 13
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

they havent been that bad for me they have been actually helpful i talked to a nice young lady and she got my disputes going she deleted a lot of things that were not mine incorrect information and addresses and started flirting with me lol it wasnt that bad.  still waiting on the results of 2 more disputes from them though.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.