Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington LaW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lexington LaW

anyone heard of Lexington Law? was thinking about paying this monthly service for them to do all this credit repair for me?
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lexington LaW

motoracer wrote:
anyone heard of Lexington Law? was thinking about paying this monthly service for them to do all this credit repair for me?

I am not familiar with them.  But given the info you shared with us on some of your other posts, I do not think they can do anything worthwhile for you.  They are not going to get the PIF COs deleted and paying them anything monthly is wasteful.  This money should be used to lower your util on your CCs.  If there are any other baddies on your reports, folks here can help you with them.  Any others want to chime in?
Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea I can do them just want sure if they could get them done faster..hahaha everything on my credit report has been paid off in full........just didnt know if they would have any luck getting some GW and PFD for me
Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Save your money. Do NOT send it to Lexington Law. Cannot tell you how many people have posted over on CIC, and their first post begins:
"Help me please. I've been sending $X to Lexington Law, and now I'm ..."

Lexington Law has one of the better reputations, but they are little more than a letter mill. They don't have lawyers on staff who will go to court for you, as their name might imply.

IMHO, CROs should be required to have a bolded statement at the top of their websites and written agreements:
"Warning! Lexington Law is a CRO as defined by the CROA. You are entering into an agreement with a CRO and not a law firm. Legal representation should not be construed or implied. You are still responsible for your own debts, including but not limited to, answering legal summons and appearing in court to defend yourself."

Out of curiosity, how much is Lexington Law going to charge you a month?

Message 4 of 37
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Stay away
Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

the charge is 100 set up fee then 79 per month,,,,,,yea I think Ill just do it myself I was just looking for some quickness...hahah
Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

motoracer wrote:
the charge is 100 set up fee then 79 per month,,,,,,yea I think Ill just do it myself I was just looking for some quickness...hahah

They have no incentive to do anything quickly if they are charging you a monthly fee, right?  The longer it takes them to "repair" your credit, the more money they make.
Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked to one person who'd been with Lexington for 20 months. On the $79 a month plan, that's $1,700 spent, and they were facing a mediation hearing (without any representation). Another poster, IIRC, was into them for over $2,300.

Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:
I talked to one person who'd been with Lexington for 20 months. On the $79 a month plan, that's $1,700 spent, and they were facing a mediation hearing (without any representation). Another poster, IIRC, was into them for over $2,300.

And that's $1,700 and $2,300 spent, without any going $ to pay down debt.
Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had LexingtonLaw for a few months without results.  Only when I drop them, paid off the debt owed, and joined this board did matters begin to improve (80pts gained since dropping them).
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.