Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington LaW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lexington LaW

You're much better off using that money to "invest" in some starter credit cards for people with bad credit. Two or three positive tradelines on your credit report with 1-10% utilization will do far more for your credit score over the next two years than anything Lexington Law or any other credit repair outfit could do.
Message 11 of 37
JuliaPR
Established Member

I've heard they're a rip-off. They charge you for a service you can pretty much do on your own. I almost joined, but did a little homework and decided against it.
Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. They will do things that can be done by yourself. Thing is that since you are paying them monthly until your report is accurate, they will take their sweet ol' time in disputing stuff for you. They longer they take, the more money they make off of you.
Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently using Lexington Law firm and having success, they do what they say, and stay on top of matters. however if you have plenty of time on your hands and alot of patience you can do what they do........but I just don't have the excessive time and patience...........

DaleSC
Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

DaleSC wrote:
I am currently using Lexington Law firm and having success, they do what they say, and stay on top of matters. however if you have plenty of time on your hands and alot of patience you can do what they do........but I just don't have the excessive time and patience...........

So, what are you hoping to gain here? Time, patience and persistence aren't required to walk in the door, but without 'em this becomes little more than an esoteric spectator sport.
Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah

well i plan on gaining removal and acheiving of inaccurate data on my credit report....i have tried for years to get inaccurate info removed to no avail.........as all three agencies had my file merged with someone elses file.........i finally got that straightened out 15 years ago.......and swore i would not got thru that again.......well guess what.....i'am going thru it again......i hired someone that knows what forms to send and when and  where and how often to send them........(if you have a heart problem you got to a heart doctor). ....everyone is intitled to their opinion.....mine is that Lexington is working for me......and i would recommend them to anyone that does not have the time to argue with bogus claims and rude and irrate collection people..........and you are intitled to your opinion........
Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

go to their website and their guarantee requires you to stick with them for at least one year.  ripoff.
Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

DaleSC wrote:

well i plan on gaining removal and acheiving of inaccurate data on my credit report....i have tried for years to get inaccurate info removed to no avail.........as all three agencies had my file merged with someone elses file.........i finally got that straightened out 15 years ago.......and swore i would not got thru that again.......well guess what.....i'am going thru it again......i hired someone that knows what forms to send and when and  where and how often to send them........(if you have a heart problem you got to a heart doctor). ....everyone is intitled to their opinion.....mine is that Lexington is working for me......and i would recommend them to anyone that does not have the time to argue with bogus claims and rude and irrate collection people..........and you are intitled to your opinion........

If you have ANY sort of documentation, then a consumer lawyer would love to talk with you. I suspect there's one or more who would take your case on contingency, maybe even pro bono.

With Lexington Law, you might well luck out and see progress. However, despite having lawyers on their staff down in Salt Lake City, they won't represent you in court. IOW, if they screw up, you get stuck with the messy results.

Lexington Law will NOT go to court for you. They are a paper mill. You could pay me half what you're paying them, and I know I could get better results. I could post everything I did without fear of Barry or Tuscani deleting it for a violation of the TOS here on MyFico. [BTW, I'd do it free of charge, and I'd tell you what to write and where to send it via CMRRR, so no risk of the CROA.]

If you have a merged file, and it often isn't too difficult to prove, and they don't fix it, they are on the hook for willful noncompliance.

I completely empathize and sympathize as health issues and credit are often entwined. Divorce, job loss and health issues/medical bills are the Big Three credit killers. Pro bono and contingency lawyers who do consumer matters are your lifeline.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 06-28-2007 02:19 AM
Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

dale how long have you been with them? and how many items have they deleted? I have a friend that has been with them for 10 months, he has had one late removed, with a goodwill letter. 
Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
dale how long have you been with them? and how many items have they deleted? I have a friend that has been with them for 10 months, he has had one late removed, with a goodwill letter.

And how many simoleons did he fork over for that one goodwill letter?

These credit repair places are a joke that stopped being funny long ago.
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.